Thursday, March 6, 2014

Auction weekend

So I get this picture on Friday while I'm at work, from Elyse's grandmother.
 

I....I can't even. That lip. That pout.

Friday night we didn't have small group because most of us were getting ready for the auction. And by "us" I mean "them". I stayed home and cleaned my house. Saturday morning dawned just lovely.  These faces thought I'd had enough sleep.

I swear I rolled over and this is exactly how they looked. I sleep with my phone next to my pillow, so I pulled out the camera with my eyes half open.

It could not have been more beautiful out side which was perfect for our plans. Luke's school had it's annual fundraising auction and God answered some prayers on the weather! Last year it was fa-reeeeeezing. Saturday I wore flip flops.

Dad met the kids and I at a car place so I could leave the Pathfinder to get it's oil changed and inspected. Then he let me run in to Hobby Lobby while he stayed in the car with the kids, and then we went up to the church. We had so much fun at the auction!  We played games, ate food, and I bid on at least 20 different things.


this sassy girl made several new friends. this included lots of conversations and even getting an old lady to hold her. "stranger danger" means nothing.

Unfortunately nap time came too soon and I took the kids home and consequently got out bid on EVERY. SINGLE. THING. Oh well. I tried. And my friend Sara won the blanket/bib/stickers basket that I made, so I was thankful to see it go to a good home.

Sunday it turned nasty. During church Sunday morning it started raining ice (not sleet, people. ICE.) and everything bottomed out.

 
Luke did not approve of the temperature shift. Monday ended up being an ice day at home because it was so cold and icy in the morning that school districts shut down. I'd already taken the day to take the big kids to the dentist and the little one to her 4 month well check. The dentist appointments got moved to the afternoon, which made for a stressful few hours of getting everywhere on time, but we made it (with the help of Mom). No new cavities for Luke and Evan (such a relief after the disaster of last summer), the only problem was one of Luke's fillings had come out (it was an easy fix on Tuesday). Elyse's well check went perfect- she's 14 lbs and 25 inches. That's 50% on both. She's such a good, happy baby!
 
Tuesday was National Pancake Day, so I treated the kids to pancakes at IHOP for dinner.


Evan took it a little more seriously than the rest of us. I got our waitress to take the picture, and as she handed me back my phone she said that Evan didn't pose for it. I told her it didn't matter, she was two and could do whatever she wanted. Looking at how it turned out, it seems appropriate. Girlfriend ate the entire short stack of pancakes.

No comments: