Monday, May 20, 2013

18 Weeks


How Far Along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: size of a sweet potato- CTR is about 5 1/2 inches (almost the length of my hand!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I don't know, I didn't think to weigh myself when I was at Mom's on Saturday. Actually, it's probably a good thing I didn't. My butt is visibly bigger (as in, a certain partner of mine even commented on it), and who knows what that's done to the scale.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. And yes.
 
Gender: I know I have said all along that it's a boy, but I do want to say that I will be just as thrilled with a girl. It's not that I want one more than the other- I don't think I'd be able to choose AT. ALL. I love both of my children exactly the way they are, and each one has such fun and unique aspects. I just FEEL like it's a boy. (whoa. I accidentally typed girl there. O_O What does that mean?!) If I were being totally honest, I think having a girl might be a little easier. She would be so close in age to Evan, that I think they could have a really close relationship. And I just know that this boy is going to be exactly like Jacob, which has me wondering about how the two boys will relate to each other. They are going to be such opposites. Which makes sense because their dads are such opposites. Cody is a tall, lanky laid back person with a complete "come what may" attitude. It's where Luke get's his supreme ability to do his own thing. They very much share the mentality of "That's nice what you are doing, but imma do this over here because that's what I wanna do." Jacob is average height, athletically built, and a Type-A who needs to be in the know and have a handle on situations.  

Movement: Still just faint flutters with they occasional bump. Not anything regular or definite. Come on. Any day now.
  
Sleep: Sleeping okay, getting up to pee or blow my nose is unfortunately becoming too regular.
 
What I miss: Meh. Not much.
 
Cravings: Flavored tea, pizza (well, really any Italian will satisfy), and hummus. Which is probably the oddest one of all the pregnancy cravings I've ever had, since it's not something I've ever eaten before.
 
Symptoms: Just the growing behind. And belly. Oh, and the belly itches. I put thick vitamin E lotion on it morning and night, but I still find myself absent mindedly scratching. Which is different than when I absent mindedly rub it. I do that a lot too.
 
Best Moment this week: The funniest was probably the morning that Jacob patted my belly (after not having physically seen me for a few days) and commenting about how big I'd gotten. Then proceeding to ask me if my belly was really going to get bigger every single day. Lord have mercy. Someone should send a list to new dads about things to never say. In the way of non baby funnies, I don't think I need to worry about my girl Evan. Ever. She and Luke were playing out in the yard, he was running around like a mad man and collided into her. She got the angriest look on her face and shouted at him "NO NO BUBBA. NO!" It's safe to say I think she'll be able to take up for herself.
 
Ordered this giant canvas for way on sale, and I finally have something more than Luke's 18 month picture on this wall. I LOVE how it turned out. And I also dare anyone to find cuter babies than what you see.

No comments: