Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lately

 Things have not been going well lately. I took Luke to the dentist for the first time last week, and it was bad. Now don't get me wrong- he did great. So brave, so cooperative, no fussing at all. I took him in because I could tell he had a cavity in one of his molars. Turns out, he has MUTLIPLE cavities in all but 4 of his teeth.  Ya'll. I cried. I've worked so hard at making sure my kids eat healthy, and I can count on one hand the number of times we've skipped brushing our teeth. The worst part was how much it's going to cost to fix it and the kids don't have dental insurance. I applied for financial assistance for him, but because he has regular (private) health insurance, he didn't qualify.

Then last night I had my a/c serviced. I knew he was going to tell me that it needed replacing, but what I didn't expect was that my furnace was absolutely unsafe to use. A crack in the heat exchange is causing unheard of high amounts of carbon monoxide to accumulate in the flu. So, before next fall it must be replaced. And my system is 31 years old, so pretty much I have to replace the entire thing (a/c and heater). That's going to cost only slightly more than Luke's dental work.

And now, before this turns into an even bigger pity party than the one I've been throwing for myself, lets just focus on the kids. Because, what else is there to do?

For Christmas I told Mom to get Luke a stomp rocket. After much back and forth about what it actually was, she finally found what I was talking about and did indeed place it under her tree for him. This past week it was finally warm enough (and he finally found it in the back of his closet) to take it outside and give it a go.


More like 50 million goes. It was a GIANT hit, enjoyed by all.

Last Tuesday was Luke's end of the year PTA program. I made sure the dress Sister up in a fun little outfit, and I have to say this dress is one of my new favorite things hanging in her closet. The bow detail on the back kills me!

He did great in the program- and by great I mean he did more than just stand there and look around.
 

Over the weekend, Luke's other grandparents took him out of town, so it was just me and my girl. The baby in my belly told me he wanted hummus (something I've never bought before), so Evan and I took a trip for some groceries and came home with roast garlic hummus. Believe it or not, she loved it just as much as I did.



And of course I had to get a picture with my babies on Mother's day this past Sunday. We had a lovely day of church, home for lunch, then dinner with Mom, Dad, and Grandmother. Despite how she looks in the picture, Evan was actually in a really good mood. She was her usual mischievous self, eating her half of the hamburger she and Luke shared, fries, ketchup by the handfuls (I wish I was joking), rice and veggies off my plate, then a popsicle for dessert. She flirted with the men that walked by, and only escaped the restaurant once (again, I wish I was joking).



Oh how I love them. I am so very glad, so very blessed, so very thankful that these three (you can see that baby belly trying to join in the picture!) call me Momma.

No comments: