Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Quiet on the home front

If you are curious to know why things have been quiet round these here parts (and I know you are on the edge of your seat), it's because things have been quiet at home the last week. Two weekends ago, the weekend I wrote my 30 week post, I had the kids and a quiet normal weekend. Evan decided she needed "a" sticker. Yikes. And don't you love her "cheeeeeeese" face?
Saturday morning I was greeted bright and early. Luke came in and said "I think it's morning because the sun is up so we can get out of bed now." I tried to tell him it didn't work that way, that just because the sun was up did not mean I was getting out of bed. Well they fixed that problem.

If Momma won't get out of bed, just join her in it. All three of my babies made themselves right at home.

Sunday before church:

 Evan decided she'd rather wear one of my necklaces and that the sunglasses were still a must. I couldn't get Luke to stop being silly.

Sunday afternoon I let Luke paint a wooden train all. by. himself.

The sticker placement makes my OCD veer way into the twitchy side, but he loves it, is so proud of it, and has displayed his train on his dresser. What did Sister do while Bubba painted?
Played Apple Baby.  I don't know.  I don't ask.
Monday morning is where the quiet hit. Luke has begged to go to Grandy's for months now, and we haven't been since Christmas. Mom started school yesterday, so last week was the last week they had the chance to go out there. Ashley didn't work Monday through Thursday, so they took both kids out west for a little cousin camp. I was bummed that I couldn't go, but I have to save all my PTO for maternity leave. Boo. They had a great time! My cousins brought their kids in too, so Grandy had a house full of great grand kids. They had the best week of playing and swimming. My aunt's friend has a pool with a diving board AND a water slide, and she was kind enough to let the family borrow it. I got some great videos over texts of my babies running and jumping off the diving board and flying down the slide.
Yes. Both of my babies.
I didn't have time to get too lonely though. I finally got around to painting Luke's furniture (pictures coming soon) and finishing up his room. That took two of the nights, I had a dr appointment one of the nights, and Dad (who also got left behind) took me to dinner one night. Thursday I flew home from work to see those sweet faces. Luke wanted to go for a bike ride, so I tossed his bike and the stroller in the back of my car and we zipped over to the park.
All was good in my world. I MISSED them!
Friday night was small groups at the Wyatt's house. Luke found a monster costume in one of the bins and managed to get the whole thing on by himself.

Y'all. I die.

 After he took it off, little Miss Copy Cat needed to try it on too. Then I died again.

The rest of the weekend was a quiet one again. Just glad to have my children home for a few days. The only thing we really did was go out to Jacob's mom and stepdad's house Saturday night for swimming and a cookout. Cindy is taking BOTH of her kids to college this week, so I've had to cobble together child care for the days she normally has them. Their grandmother took Tuesday, and to save herself the trip of coming to get them Monday and Tuesday, she had them spend the night last night. :( I was sad to see them go again, but I did get a hair cut and a pedicure and a grocery store run in, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

 Flowers Luke picked for me at the pool a couple of weekends ago.

No comments: