Saturday, December 21, 2013

Two Months

My dear Elyse,

You are two months old! Technically two months and a week, but who's counting.

Oh wait. I am.

I'm a week late on this because last weekend was the weekend you got so sick. And those were not pictures I wished to remember. Thursday I stayed home with your sickie sister (and you!) and was able to get some pictures. So glad I didn't wait until today..it's super dark and rainy today. 


So what's been going on this month? Well, as far as I can guess,  you're up to about 10 lbs and 22 inches. (no 2 month well checks right now due to an insurance hiccup). You wear a size 1 diaper and size 0-3 month clothes. Actually, you are more in between size newborn and 0-3. The newborn items you have are a little short, but the 0-3 is baggy in the waist. You belly and cheeks are getting so pudgy! No thunder thighs yet though. Ha!


Your sleeping and eating haven't changed too much. You nurse every 2-3 hours when you are with me and take 2 bottles while I'm at work. Nights are getting a little better- you fluctuate from sleeping 4-6 hours at a time. Naps during the day are getting a little more regular, but you still sleep soooooo much! If this is any indication of how you are as a teenager we better watch out!

One of the things I have loved watching you develope is your little voice. You and I will sit for awhile and I can tell you are working so hard to get your voice say something. Then when your little coo comes out you smile. I LOVE IT. And you are starting to smile more and more. SUCH a joy to watch. And your neck is getting so strong! You almost have complete control over your head.


Elyse, you cannot imagine how much you are loved. I am not the only one who can't get enough of you. Luke asks daily to sit and talk with you, hold you, asks me to talk to you. He wants to make sure you are getting plenty of attention and every night gives you a hug and a kiss before he goes to bed. Evan loves you so much too. She gets very concerned when you cry (even when I'm changing your diaper she will tell me "Momma da baby cwying") and likes to engage you when ya'll are in the back seat of the car. 


And your daddy loves you so much too. He did NOT like you being sick. He worried about you, stayed with you when I had to go out one evening, and didn't give it a second thought when I told him you needed to go to the emergency room. You, little girl, are LOVED.


As for me? I can't get enough of my sweet baby. This is such a sweet time. You are still my leeettle baby, still so cuddly, still perfectly content in my arms. I just adore you and hate with everything in me that I can't be with you and your siblings every day while I'm at work. After all, you are the first baby to not only sleep in my room with me, but you've migrated from you cradle to having your own side of my bed. And I couldn't be happier to have you as my bed mate.



No comments: