Thursday, March 15, 2012

More conversations

So, I've had these notes jotted down at home for a few days now of funny conversations that I've had with Luke.  But I write on here at work.  See the problem?  I finally managed to remember to stash the notes in my bag last night, so now they finally get to be immortalized in the great, vast blogland. 

*eating dinner at the table*
L: Mom, my throat hurts.
Me: Where?
L: Right here.  Is this my throat?
Me: No, that's your shoulder.
L: Well its sick.
Me: Hm.  You know, sick little boys need to go to bed so they can rest and get better. Do you need to go to bed?
L: Yeah.  Just for a little bit, then I'll come eat some more.
Me: No.  When you go to bed you can't get back out.
L: Oh.  I'm not sick right now.


*in the car driving*
L: Hey look Mom!  It's a Charger!
Me: Ooo! I see it! But I think that is a Camero.
L: No Mom.  I think it's a Charger.
Me: I'm pretty sure it's a Camero.
L: Okay.  But it's a Charger.
*10 minutes later*
L: Hey look at that Camero!
Me: Oh. That is a Camero.  So the other car was a Charger. Sorry Son. You were right, I was wrong.

He insists that his boxers be pulled up all the way.

*sitting down at the dinner table*
L: So how was work today Mom?
Me: It was good baby.  Just worked fast so I could come get you.  How was school today?
L: I cried for you at school.
*sad face*


*when getting picked up before work one morning he tooted*
L: Sorry, I've got the gasoline


*in the kitchen*
L: Worms are gross, Mom.
Me: Not they're not silly.  They're good.
L: Good for us to eat?
Me: No. That's gross. They're good for the ground.
L: We should get food for them to eat!
Me: Actually, they eat dirt.
L: Dirt? *gets down from the table to look out the back door* But we don't have any dirt!
Me: It's under the grass.
L: Oh. It tried to trick me.


He's also got this funny yet incredibly polite habit of introducing people.  On more than one occasion he's been known to introduce my mom (Nana) to his sister Evan.  And apparently on Monday when Cody's sister was home from college he introduced her to Grandad (aka- her own father).

Otherwise we've just been super busy.  I've gotten to go both the Star's and the Maverick's game in the last week.



And both have had pretty good seats. The Mav's were the best though.  That picture isn't even zoomed at all, we were 6 rows behind the Mav's bench.  I was even on tv!

On Saturday Evan got her 9 month milestone picture taken.


Sorry for the crummy phone picture of a picture, but while they still look similar, I think Evan is starting to get her own look.  Which is good, because I don't want my girl looking like a boy.

Speaking of that girl, she's growing up so fast.  Now she does BIG baby things.  Not little baby things anymore.  *sniff sniff*



Last night I did yard work.  Evan wouldn't take a little nap (the stinker!), and she thankfully still barely fits in the bumbo.  She watched me pull weeds and mow while Luke "mowed" with his little mower (literally on my heels behind me. If I had to back up for any reason I had to wait for him to get out of my way.) and in his little black truck.  I only was able to lure him in from the great out doors with a promise of a trip through the car wash. 


Oh, ya'll.  That car wash.  It was a typical endeavor for me.  I had rolled down the window to punch in the code given to me when I topped off my gas tank. Then, I pulled forward into the machine while rolling up the window.  Correction.  While trying to roll up the window.  For WHATEVER reason, the motor got stuck.  So there I was trying to get the car in position and figure out why it wasn't working all at the same time.  It would get half way up and the roll back down.  And then, AND THEN, the water turned on.  With my stuck window.  Ya'll.  I panicked.  Bad.  Fumbling around, I found myself in reverse and back the heck out of there.  I finally (by pushing the button and manually pulling on the window at the same time) got it back up.  So, heart thumping, I pulled back into the machine.  But it had shut down by then, sensing my car had already left, and wouldn't come back on. I had to pull up to the convenient store of the gas station, explain what happened to the dude, and get a new number.  Which then put me in the same predicament of having to roll down my window to enter in the new code.  Yeah right.  I stopped early enough to just get out to punch it in.  I was not touching that roll down button again. 

Only me.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

I've got the gasoline? Bahaha.I almost died. that is hilarious. And, girl, I am chuckling picturing you in your car wash predicament.