Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nine Months

 
I know I'm a little late this month baby girl, but we've been busy.  And you've taken it all in stride.  You've been busy too!  There are two little teeth in the middle of your bottom gum, and the doctor said yesterday at your well check that your top gum is swollen.  Will this month bring in some more teeth?  You are up to 20 lbs 7 oz, but I didn't get your length.  You wear a size three diaper still and are in 9 month and some 12 month clothes.  Your hair is getting thicker and longer and curlier!  Whoo hoo!

The biggest thing that's happened this month?  That little mouth of yours SAYING "mam mam mam mam".  Oh it makes my heart so happy.  What mom doesn't want her kid's first word to be momma?! You have yet to really take off crawling, but you will lunge forward from a sitting position when you see something in front of you that you want.  Your poor little arms have a hard time supporting that belly of yours.  A belly that grows and grows.  A sweet belly that is getting two jars of food and 5 servings of breast milk a day, plus snacks.  Girlfriend, you will eat whatever is put in front of you.  Peas, strawberries, bread, paper, shoes...you don't discriminate.  I have to make sure there is a five mile radius of non chewable items around you at all times.

 
Once again, you still love your baths.  You still love your brother.  You still love to nurse.  While you aren't pulling up by yourself, you do love to stand holding on to things. 

I think the only thing I've learned this month that you don't love is hats.  Not a fan the first time.  But the second time I put it on you I was able to distract you for long enough for you to get used to it.  I think.


We'll see what happens when it comes park time and you are wearing it to keep the sun off your face. 

Oh, little girl, you light up my life.  Every morning when you wake up, the expression on your sweet face is "Oh! There you are! So glad to see you!" Stranger danger has yet to set in, and only once have you fussed when I've had to drop you off (at bible class none the less!) You are my squeezable girl and I can't wait for the end of each day when I get to go pick up you and your brother and just hug and hug you.  Like your bubba you aren't so into being held close and hugged for too long, but I do it anyway.  I just squeeze you close until you squawk for me to let go.  And then I squeeze some more.  Because I'm your mother. 


Evan? 

I love you.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

I love it! Lucky that her first word is Mama! Eva said everytihng (including chicken) before she said mama. She is just so cute and sweet. E had that blue/white polka dot romper last summer and Imiss it. SO cute.