Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eleven months



(so bummed the camera focused on her hand and not on her face. Wish I'd realized it at the time.)

My beloved Evan.  You, little girl, are 11 months old today.  I can't believe it.  In one month you will be 1. Not a baby any more.  I'll confess, I'm a little heartbroken.  But you have been nothing but a joy.  And girlfriend, you have gotten SASSY!  When I tell you no or your brother does something you aren't thrilled with you will either shoot a dirty look or squinch up your face like you've just tasted a lemon.  It cracks. me. up.  Luckily Luke doesn't do things to annoy you too much, you simply adore him.  And he is thrilled with you.  He lives to make you laugh and you can't take your eyes off of him.  So much so that we've started to drop nursing sessions because you want to be down on the ground in the midst of the action.


And in the span of this one month you have become MOBILE.  Majorly mobile.  Rolling, crawling, cruising the furniture, everything but walking independently (although you love to push things around while walking). Your movement just exploded in a two week span.  And nothing is safe. 


I finally had to drop the crib this month.  I think 10 months was probably some kind of record! It was so nice though, you are kind of a big girl (25 lbs to be exact) and I'm not so tall.  It's hard for me to get you all the way down now, but I'd rather you be safe!

You still love to eat whatever you can get your hands on.  There are still only two little teefies in your mouth, but you manage to gum down a remarkable amount of food.  Usually more than Luke does.  This another thing that I am enjoying while it lasts, all too soon you will be a picky toddler that will refuse most things on principle. 

I've bumped you up to a size 4 diaper, and you wear size 12-18 month clothes. We nurse 3 times a day and you get 3 square meals along with it.  You sleep through the night just fine and still take 2 naps during the day.  You love bath, you love attention, you love all the people in your life.  I just can't believe that I need to start planning this little baby's first birthday party.


That morning when I finally had you back in my arms after the NICU ordeal was such a sweet time.  This year has flown by.  It's not been what I've expected but with you here it makes everything worth while.  I love you dear girl.  I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little treasure Evan is for our family. These 11 months have flown by!

~Luke and Evan's Nana~