Friday, April 4, 2014

Pain, new job, babe updates

Whew. What a ca-razy last three weeks it's been! It all started on Wednesday two and a half weeks ago. I had just sat down at a table at Paradise Bakery to wait for my sandwich, mindless checking Twitter to kill the time. A girl that I follow had reposted something that I really liked from an account I'd never seen before, so I clicked on it to see if it was a good feed worth following. It turned out to be Cody's girlfriend.

I felt like I couldn't breath. My lunch came and all I could do was cry. That was MY husband she was kissing. She was saying how much she loved the man I had commited my life to. She was the "perfect couple" (per the comments) with the man whom my children still ask why he doesn't live at home with us.

All the pain from the rejection came rushing back and was crushing. And then I had to go back to work.

sorry momma

But then my life shifted. Later that afternoon I got a phone call. A GIANT phone call. See, the last three months have been spent applying for jobs and interviewing. It was time. My job was refusing to give me a raise, and between the hour commute and now having three dependents to provide for, it was time for something new. I'm now working in town.

Did you hear that?


As in, my office is in between my house and Cindy's house. I've gone home for lunch every day for the last two weeks. I've been able to run medicine on my lunch break over to Cindy's when Evan spiked a fever. I was able to go by the pediatrician's today to pay for the visit Elyse had to have today AND go to the store AND STILL go home to eat. Tuesday I'm having lunch with Sara. When Shae has her baby next week I can go by and see them with out the kids.

Y'all. It's a whole new world.

I really like the woman I'm working for too. I'm her executive assistant and the only thing I'm worried about is not living up to the girl who I replaced. What if at the end of my 90 day trial time she tells me I just don't have what it takes? I've spent the last two weeks trying to absorb as much as possible. And writing a bunch of lists. I'm less likely to forget the fifty million things coming at me if I at least write them down.

So that's enough about me. What's been going on with the babes? (warning: in the near future there will be a post with about 25 picture on it to catch up over the last few weeks)

On one of the days that I had an interview, I took the whole day off and spent part of it with just Luke. He has been saying that he wants to play hockey, but I knew as soon as he got on the ice he'd change his mind.

I was right! He had a quick dentist appointment to replace a filling that had fallen out (I'd taken Luke and Evan in the day before. Evan had ZERO cavities! And Luke had no new cavities!) and then I took him ice skating. HE. HATED IT. We got about 1/16 of the way around the rink and he wanted to call it quits. I said no. With TONS of encouragement he made it all the way around (oh, the things we do as moms) and then we took a 5 minute brake on a bench. Miraculously he wanted to get back out and try it again. We eventually made it all the way around one more time and then he was done for good. I took a few laps by myself, and then I took my boy to lunch.

I'm so glad that I was able to have that little bit of time with him. Since Elyse has come along, we haven't done anything just the two of us. It turned out to be perfect timing for two reasons: I got a new job so no PTO to be able to do things and he broke his arm.

Yep. You read that right. He broke his arm again. This time it is an inch below his shoulder joint. He was at his very first sleepover party (can we all take a moment of silence that my baby is now big enough for sleepovers?) and they were at the park. Luke and his buddy were running around, crashed into each other, and Luke managed to fall just right and fractured his humerous.

All of the parents were at small group, so when Trane's number came up on my phone I laughed and said I was the winner, I got the first phone call. I WASN'T expecting to end up in the ER. And wouldn't you know, after he got his splint set, he wanted to go back to the party. So he did. And he stayed the whole night.

My middle girl is as funny as ever. She loves to dress herself.

We were headed to Target and I have finally reached the point in motherhood where I don't really care what the kids look like. By the way- when it was snowing outside I couldn't get her to wear her hat. Now that it's in the 80's? She's worn it every week.
See also: if you are ever wondering how I take three kids shopping by myself, this is what it looks like. I'm not joking when I say we are a traveling circus.

And my littlest babe finally participated in her first bible class. I haven't left her on Sunday mornings yet, I still take her to bible class with me, but Wednesday nights Tamara, Mom, and I are the cradle roll teachers. Usually she's asleep on my shoulder, but twice now she's been awake and able to participate. Its so funny because there is an automated cow that moos and walks that terrifies her, which is exactly what happened to my other two children. None of the other kids are bothered by it, but my children cry.

No comments: