Friday, February 17, 2012

Single mom

Linking up with Kelly's Korner for Single Mom's day today.  There are so many strong and beautiful women out there doing the hard job of not only working during the day and coming home to the second (but far more important) job of being a mom, but then doing the THIRD job of being the dad too.  It's not easy.  But oh so worth it.  I'm *trying* to learn to wrestle with my boy and not always be so cuddly with him.  While he thankfully has several strong male role models in his life, it's still me that he gets day in and day out.  I'm practicing now on telling Sister Friend how beautiful and special and perfect she is so maybe she will take it to heart. 

Anyway, that's my bit on that. 

Now, since I'm here anyway, I'll fill you in on the last couple of days.......

Wednesday night Ashley and I went to the Maverick's game!  It was the same seats that I had gotten for this game, except this time I had my sister with me.


We had the best time.  We laughed and cheered and totally made fun of this girl.


Who in their right mind wears a large tee shirt as an entire outfit?


We got one last picture on our way out of the AAC before headed home.  Mom and Dad had take Luke and Evan to bible class and then back to my house for quick baths and bed while I was gone.  When I got home all I had to do was fix Luke's lunch for the next day and all my domestic responsibilities were done.  Lovely evening. 

On our way home I was looking at these pictures and we got to talking about how we look nothing alike.  NOTHING.  Different noses, chins, eyes, eyebrows, skin tones, hair, smile, personalities.  Even our fingernails are totally different shapes.  I mean, she was wearing a Mav's jersey shirt and I had to stop myself from wearing heels.  I have always laughed at people who insist they can see a family resemblance. They are so full of it.  If I didn't have the picture proof that my mother was pregnant with both of us, I might not even believe myself.

Just kidding Mom. 

I always  believe everything you tell me.

Last night I just stayed home with my two babes.  Fed them, bathed them, loved on them.  And watched the Stars play.  Thank goodness they pulled it out in overtime. 

This weekend is looking to be a low key one.  After being gone this entire past weekend, I'm looking forward to just being at home.

Who wants to take bets on whether or not it stays that way?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your through the link up! Your doing a great job! Look like you had alot of fun the past couple of days too! Kepp it up! I'm s single mommy too!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

Stopped over from Kelly's Korner. I can't imagine what a tough job you have. I read a few post and you seem to be the BEST momma! Your kids are just precious, new follower here =) ~Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood

Meghan said...

came over from Kelly's just to speak a small word of encouragement to you to keep rockin' it as a single mama!

As for the Chuck E Cheese debate, I swore it off for my kids, but then took them once and realized it wasn't cheaper (at ALL) but it was way easier to have a meal in public without disturbing the place there than anywhere else... that being said, my daughter thinks that the mouse will not let you in if your room isn't clean (she's 3.5) so its not an everyday occurence at our house either!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I am also from the Dallas area though I am not single I have an adorable brother in law that you would be a great match! Your two kiddos are so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart to see my two girls enjoying a night out together! And.....yes you should always believe your momma, especially when she tells you what an awesome job you are doing with your babies! :)

~Luke and Evan's nana~