Sunday, October 2, 2011

Four Months


Evan Elaine, you are four months old today (okay, yesterday.  Sorry I slacked.)  This past month has brought some pretty big changes with it.  Two days after the three month post, I had to put away all of your 0-3 month clothes and switch solely to size 3-6 or just plain 6 months.  You have quite the belly to cover up, and dresses hit you mid diaper.  Speaking of diapers, you are still in a size 2 and hopefully you hold there for a few more weeks.  There is a box of 3's in the garage ready to go whenever you need them though!

Girlfriend, you have started DROOLING.  I need to get better about keeping a bib on you (which would cover up your darling outfits.  Boo.) because you are always drenched.  You slobber on yourself, on me, and anything else you can get your slimy little hands on.  And they are slimy all right....your very favorite thing to do is to chew on them.  Most of the time you spit out your paci and go right in with the fist.  Those sweet little hands have also started grabbing for things.  Dangle anything close to  you and you will stare at it intently and then reach out for it.  Grasping very well is still in the works, but you make an effort every time.



I am just loving how much you love people.  I don't think you have ever met a stranger.  You are the happiest baby in the world.  Everyone gets a big flash of your gummy smile.  You've also become the wiggliest baby.  It's getting harder and harder to keep you contained on my lap.  Especially since you are so heavy!  Not sure what you weigh- your well check is on the 10th- but Sister Friend you are a solid piece of work.

I know technically I could be starting you on cereal now, but I'm not in in nearly as big a hurry with you as I was your brother.  I think we are going to hold off for another month or so, just because.  You seem to be doing fine with just nursing (three to four times a day on me and two to three bottles while I work) and you are sleeping just fine at night.  Generally your last feed is at 8ish and you will sleep until 5 or 6 in the morning.  I am SO very thankful that you and your brother have always been such good sleepers!

(these thighs aren't screaming for the extra calories!)

Speaking of your brother, ya'll still love each other to death.  You just watch him all the time.  The other day he was blowing raspberries on his hand and arm and you thought it was HYSTERICAL.  All of your giggles, in turn, made him keep doing it while he laughed his head off too.  He's taken to calling you "my Evan" or "my sis-year" and every now and then he'll tell me that you are a princess.  It makes me so happy.

The next month or so should have some new big changes for us.  You are so close to rolling from your back to your tummy (you  have only gotten as far as your side right now) and you also kick so much that you end up shuffling backwards across the room.  Case in point.

 
You started at the bottom of your play mat in that picture. 

Evan, I don't know who let your turn 4 months old already.  I can't believe that we are already a third of the way through your first year.  I love you so much and am so proud to be your momma.  You (and your brother) are the reason I get out of bed every day and I wouldn't change it for anything.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

My sweet girl. She is growing so fast. I love that photo of her smiling with her legs all stretched you. You are right, those thighs look plenty fine to me :)