Monday, January 16, 2012

Game time

So, I told myself (in an un-resolution type manor) that I was going to try and get better about blogging.  And yet here it is, still a week later.  Whoops.

Friday afternoon I got a fun and unexpected surprise.  I was gearing up for another ho hum weekend at home, when a friend gave me a couple of season tickets to the Maverick's gave that night that would have gone unused.  These were awesome seats.  Bottom level, 11 rows back, corner of the court.  I found a friend to come along, called up Mom to babysit, and made an evening of it.  We had so much fun.




Saturday I felt guilty for not seeing the kids all night, so I made them a priority over housework.  After a long nap together I took them for a leisurely dinner at Chipotle and then to the grocery store (needed stuff for a roast for tonight's dinner, which is currently cooking in the crock at home.  I put in WAY to many veggies, we'll see how it turns out.)  Before we left, I tried this little clip in Evy girl's hair since it's been growing more and more. 


When I asked Luke what he thought of Evan's clip he said "Um, I think she needs a bigger bow." And pointed to her wall hanging of massive headbands.  That's my boy. 

Speaking of that boy, he's been cracking me up all weekend.  At the grocery store I decided I'd get a can of biscuits for Sunday's breakfast, as opposed to the normal cinnamon rolls or muffins.  You would have thought this was the best idea I've ever had in my whole life after his over-enthusiastic "YES!" while simultaneously punching the air with his fist.  He also informed me that Evan does not have a pen-es like he does because he is a boy.  She has two bottoms because she is a girl.  I just stared at him with wide eyes and moved on.  He has also become quite fascinated with the number 17.  Not sure why.  I just tend to move on from that one too. 

Friday I got this sent this picture from Shae.


It didn't last long though.  Not even 5 minutes later she texted back that Luke has already returned to the train table and Dakota was BEGGING him to play superheros with him.  To no avail.  But it seems that some superhero talk has sunk in, he was bound and determined to have the superhero vitamins at the store on Saturday night over the Car's ones we'd just finished up.  I consented.  He is such a funny kid.  Talks a mile a minute.  Last night his reactive air ways flared up again though.  He woke up at 4:45 in a panic over having trouble breathing and the giant coughing fit.  It took awhile to calm him down, then do a breathing treatment.  By the time I got him back in bed at almost 6, Sister Friend was stirring for breakfast. 

Not the best way to start a Monday.  But these faces?


Totally worth it.

No comments: