Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Before Easter Weekend

'ello.  I didn't think I had that much to catch up on, but then I realized that I've got two weeks worth of photos on my phone that I haven't posted, so I figured I'd break one post into, you know, three.  So this one got titled before Easter. 

Over the last two weeks we've just been truckin through life.  Last week a giant storm swept through the area that caused 14 tornadoes in the area.  Thankfully it missed all of my loved ones, but it left some serious damage in surrounding towns.  I was at work, the kids were with Cindy, and it was not fun not being together.  It was interesting watching the storm roll by through the glass wall of our ninth floor office though!

What it didn't impede was my creative bug.  My goal is to have the kids paint a Christmas ornament each year, and I started in 2010 with Luke (Evan won't start for another year or two).  I had the ornament early and everything, but I just never. got. around. to letting him paint.  Yes, I'm aware that it's April.  Of the next year.  But he finally has a 2011 one.


And for the girl I whipped up a little clippie.  Now that her hair is getting longer, I think this is so stinking cute.  I'm having a hard time not making one in every single color.  No one ever said I under do things.  :)


That hair that's getting longer is also getting curl to it.  In the picture above I've combed it down, but if I don't.....


How awesome is that.  I can't wait to see what it looks in a few months! She's been waking up crying in the middle of the night lately.  It's kinda exhausting.  I don't want to go in there because the minute I do she won't let me leave her alone until she nurses, even though I know she isn't really hungry.  But letting her wail is just painful.  You know what else is painful?


That's really what you want to roll out of bed and realize has been happening.  At least one of us got good rest.

Tomorrow- Easter weekend!

No comments: