Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

I was so glad to have off on Friday.  It was a beeeee-utiful day.  So what did we do?  Piled into the car and headed down the the arboretum.  Grandy was in town, we asked Grandmother to go, Ashley was off of work, so Mom and Dad got full use out of the 7 passenger Pilot.  It was the perfect weather.  SOMEONE was a giant grump all the way there, but once we got out in the sunshine she perked right up.
The under 29 crowd.

We enjoyed a picnic lunch on one of the greens.  Luke love love loves to eat outside.  PLUS he got a treat after his sandwich.  He got to choose between a Hostess cupcake and a Rice Crispy treat.  He chose the cupcake.  Before I relinquished the sugar, I teased him by telling him that I wanted that one.  His response?  "Oh.  I think you want the wice cwispy tweet instead."


All of the gardens were so beautiful.  I just love that place.  A perfect marriage of beautiful nature, yet neatness that this type-A girl really relaxes to.  I tweeted that I was pretty sure this is what heaven will look like when I go home.  Lindsay told me "Wrong. There will be more Pepsi and chocolate and kettle cooked potato chips."  Can you tell she's a tad pregnant?  ;)


Saturday morning was a pancake breakfast at church.  There were games, crafts, an egg hunt, and...

the Easter bunny.  I don't think Evan quiet knew was to do about the Easter bunny.


She did know what to do about the eggs that Luke found after the hunt.  And I don't think he was too thrilled with it. 

Two pictures after this one she full out tackled him to the ground to get his basket.


Bubs and his two friends, Dakota and Zane. They were missing Jadyn, who had to stay home with a cough.  They missed their friend!


Finally we got to Easter morning.  Luke DID. NOT. want to put on his Easter outfit.  He brought a navy gingham oxford and a pair of olive plaid shorts to me and declared that his outfit for the day.  Needless to say, it didn't go over well when I told him sorry charlie.  There was a matching blue striped newsboys hat to go with the vest, but he wouldn't wear it.  Even when I told him it was kinda like a train conductor's hat.  He wasn't fooled.  I believe his exact words were I AM NOT GONNA WEAR DAT HAT! as he chunked it hand over head into Evan's room. 

Flash or no flash? Whatdaya think?

*sniff sniff*

Good news.  That's the end of my Easter barrage of photos.  After church we went over to Mom and Dad's for lunch, let Luke "hunt" eggs one more time in the living room since it was raining, then went home for a nap.  That night we went ahead and had small groups, everyone was in town so we figured we might as well have. 

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Love the pics. Your kids are so cute. I always love hearing the funny things that Luke has been saying and Evan is getting cuter and cuter by the day.