Monday, September 23, 2013

36 weeks


How Far Along: 36 weeks- holy cow I'm full term next week!! And probably only one more of these updates!

Size of baby: Size of a honeydew- length is about 18.5 inches and 5.8 lbs.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 136 lbs says the dr tonight

Maternity Clothes: Lets just say I've already retired some maternity clothes that I started out in.
 
Gender: Girl. Still a girl.

   
Movement: Giant baby is still moving a ton. She feels so long and low that when I sit down it's like her shoulder blades are in my hips, and there are feet in my rib cage.
  
Sleep: Still not great. I wake up at least 3 times to go to the bathroom. Plus, I'm up to 5 pillows in bed and I still have trouble getting comfortable.
     
What I miss: Feeling skinny. And sleeping.

Cravings: I've done terrible at staying away from soda like I normally can.

Symptoms: I still itch frequently, and the Braxton Hicks are increasing. I don't think I've had any real contractions lately, but I'm definitely kicking Operation Have a Baby into gear next week! Pregnancy insomnia has crept in too. I try and stay really busy during the day to tire myself out, but an hour or so after I go to sleep I wake up to pee and then I can't go back to sleep. Momma...so....tired....

Best Moment this week: Letting the kids pick out their presents for Elyse. It's so fun to watch them get excited for their sister to get here. Luke asks me frequently when she will come. My standard answer is that only God knows, not even Elyse. God will tell her when it's time and then she'll come. Except if she hasn't come by the date the dr says. I set an induction date and her time is limited. Ha! (I actually don't particularly want to be induced, but I don't want to be 39 weeks pregnant, SO. DONE. with everything, but the hospital be full and not be able to be induced if I can't handle it anymore. Better safe than sorry, right?) I didn't get to see my regular dr tonight, she was called on an emergency delivery. Another dr checked me: no dialation, nothing has shortened, and she's not even down low. Boo and boo.

No comments: