Monday, September 12, 2011

Busy Weekend

This weekend was pleasantly busy.  Friday night I got most of my house work done, leaving the rest of the time to do as we pleased.  Saturday morning the kids and I got up and had breakfast, then went over to Mom and Dad's house.  Grandy was in town (he got to go to his first Ranger's game Friday night!) so I took the kids to see him while I went and got a hair cut.

You read that right.

It hasn't been a year and I got a hair cut.  Shocking, I know. 

But I sit all day and stare at my split ends, and I'd had enough.  I was planning to only get about an inch cut off, but the lady convinced me that it was so dry and damaged that I needed more.  She ended up chopping two and a half inches off.  More than I wanted, but at least it looks nice and healthy now. 

When I got back to Mom's house we loaded the Girl and Grandy up (Luke stayed with Dad on the bribe of going to the train tracks) and hit some stores.  We took back a couple of shirts that I mistakenly thought Luke needed and got Evan a couple of new dresses, plus popped into Old Navy's baby sale.  Soon it was lunch time and nap time.  During nap I did this:

It'd been about 6 months since Daisy had a haircut, she looked TERRIBLE.  I was shocked to see some actual grey hairs on her back.  Girlfriend is getting old.

After nap time we got ready for Mikah's first birthday party and headed out.

Saturday night was exactly how my favorite night would go.  Shae had it at the park and the weather was beautiful.  My friends and I sat out side in a circle visiting while the big kids ran around like maniacs.  Luke had the best time with his buddies on the playground, I barely even saw him.  He looked so cute in his cargo shorts and Bass Pro baseball hat.  I love my little boy.  We stayed until it was dark, then came home for baths and bed. 

Sunday morning was church.  Luke went to Christian Soldier's again, although he didn't really wanted to.  But that's because he just wanted to stay and play games on all the phones.  I wasn't going to let him do that.  Then we had lunch with Mom and Dad  and Grandy, then back home long enough for a nap, only to head out again for small groups.  Once again I got to spend the evening laughing and chatting with my friends.  How did I get to be so lucky as to spend two nights in a row this way?  It's been a very long time since we'd been together, and I sure have missed them. 

Today was just a regular day at work.  The kids were extra sweet when I got home.  Dad mowed my yard and fixed my garage door.  Apparently part of it was pulling away from the garage wall.  But it's all fixed now.  There was a girl propped in my couch for awhile.

I love how Evan is just about the happiest baby I've ever met.

I've been sticking her in the bath with Luke the last couple of nights, and she thinks it is the funniest thing this side of the moon.  She just sits there and laughs and laughs.

Luke loves it too.  He laughs with her, and tries to give her his toys to play with.  It may look like she's sitting up in that picture, but if you look close, that's my hand on the back of her neck.  This was the best picture I could get with one hand on her and the other hand in the air holding the phone.
This week will be a busy one.  Hopefully I'll have time to jot some things down.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

That sounds like such a wonderful weekend. Sorry I've been so MIA lately ... I miss you.