Thursday, September 1, 2011

Three months


 My sweet Evan, you are 3 months old today!  Little lovie lou- you have become the happiest baby I have ever seen.  You are always in such a good mood, smiling at everyone you meet.  I have no idea where you get that from.  You, my dear, have also found your voice.  And it can be a rather loud voice.  Gone are the days of the tiny newborn squeeks.  You coo and laugh and try to talk to me all the time.  Sometime even at 3 in the morning.  My favorite is when you mimick how wide my eyes get and the roundness of my mouth when we are talking. You wear a size 2 diaper and are in between your 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes.  The onesie you have on in the picture is actually a size 12 month!  I have always said that Gerber runs small, but still.  That's quite a jump.

Thankfully you are sleeping through the night more and more.  Typically you go to bed around 8 and sleep until 4 or 5, with a 3 a.m. feeding occasionally.  This means that you nurse 4 to 5 times a day, and take 2-3 bottles from your babysitter.  You are doing fantastic with your head and neck strength, so much so that I went ahead and pulled out the bumbo.  You sat in in for a minute before your head started bobbing, so we are close, but not quiet there yet.  When I pulled you out Luke just had to try it out too.


You still love baths- our showers together are getting tricky as you get bigger and bigger, and I've even stuck you in the bath with your brother.  Speaking of Luke, he l-o-v-e-s you.  Last night at church Miss Sheri was holding you in the kitchen while I ate, and he was very concerned with where you were.  "Where's my baby Evan?" he said.  And when you returned he commented "Oh, baby Evan is back!"  He wanted to hold you at bed time (which I let him), and as you rested on his lap he gave you kisses and put your paci in gently in your mouth several times.  He loved having you in the bath with him the one time I popped you in, and asked every night if you can get in too.  I hope that you and your brother always love each other, it's one thing that I tell him all the time.  We are family, and family always loves no matter what.

Another thing you have found is your fingers!  You look at them.  You suck on them.  You chew on them.  It seems like you are actually starting to prefer them over your paci.  I'm wondering if you are going to be a finger sucker like your momma. 

You are ticklish.  You are calm.  You still think getting your clothes changed is hysterycal. You aren't so snuggly, you would rather be looking at the world around you than buried in my neck.  You are loved.  You are so loved little girl.  I hope you always know that.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

This letter gave me chills. I can feel the love you have for this precious child oozing from your words. She is one blessed little lady. Happy 3 months!