Tuesday, June 4, 2013

20 Weeks

My big camera broke, the lens won't turn to focus anymore, so I had to resort to a mirror selfie. I posted this picture on Facebook, and a friend commented that she was so glad I didn't take it in the bathroom. I didn't have the heart to tell her the only reason I didn't was because of lighting. Both bathrooms have terrible lighting, so I pulled my full length mirror out of the closet (where there is also terrible lighting) and stuck it on the fireplace next to a window. Ha! Don't you just love Evan's kiss print on my left shin?

 How Far Along: 20 weeks

Size of baby: size of a banana- 10 inches

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up to 118, so probably at 10-12 lbs now.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. And yes.

Gender: Holy guacamole it's a girl! GIRL!! Ya'll. I'd already bought boy fabric and everything. But I am THRILLED with my girl! So excited. The girls will share a room, and since I'd picked colors for Evan's big girl bed (which she got for her birthday) specifically so it would match the nursery décor, everything will match! Plus I can't wait to see my big girl as a big sister- she's got such a take charge personality, I can totally see her getting a little sister in her corner to do all the mischievous things she's got brewing in that head. I'm hoping being only 2 years apart and sharing a room will allow for a bond that will last a life time.  Eek! So excited for my girls!
 
her profile
 
Movement: The movements I do feel are getting more defined, but it's not very frequent. Unfortunately the sonogram nurse told me my placenta was right on the front, which means she's kicking straight into it and muting everything I normally feel. She could also tell from the sonogram that this girl is a mover and a shaker! Glad to know she's jamming around in there and it's not just my imagination as to why I can't feel it. The good news is that Jacob was able to feel one little bump last night when he came over for a few!
   
bottom of her foot

Sleep: Hit and miss. It's not terrible, and I'm thankful because I know it will go down hill soon.
 
What I miss: Meh. Not much.
 
Cravings: Not really any these last couple of weeks
 
Symptoms: none
 
Best Moment this week: Um, finding out she's a she! Of course!

No comments: