Wednesday, June 19, 2013

22 Weeks



How Far Along: 22 weeks

Size of baby: size of a spaghetti squash (about 11 inches, and weighs almost a pound)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Haven't weighed myself since the dr's appointment a couple of weeks ago. If I'm only gaining the 1 lb a week that's recommended at this point, then I should be about 120. But, Slurpees are my frienemy, so probably more.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. And yes.

 
Gender: I think we've named our baby girl...Elyse Ann. Already loved the name, and it goes so sweetly with Evan. Evan and Elyse. *swoon*

Movement: She's getting so much stronger! I can even see the movement occasionally. Jacob even felt her move better than before right before we left town.
   
Sleep: Good this week! (Getting worn out on the beach helps though!)
What I miss: Well, seeing I'm the only adult on the trip not enjoying adult beverages, mostly that. They drink fun beverages, I get water. That seems fair.
 
Cravings: Loving my Icees/Slurpees
 
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks have started to become a nightly ritual. Not really painful, but kinda uncomfortable. I'm not swelling (except for the traveling day) or having any major aches and pains. Back hurts occasionally, but that's to be expected as my belly grows and puts pressure on my lower back.
 
Best Moment this week: Baby wise it would be feeling her move more frequently and with more force. Non baby wise, it's the trip of course.
 
 
This girl has been killing me. She sings actual songs. She makes up new words to songs. She's started saying "I be wight back." As in, "I go get cotes (clothes). I be wight back." She pinches you, and as she pinches you she says "Ow!" for you then immediately says "Sowwee" and kisses it. Her communication amazes me every day.
 
 
And yes, I make them wear their life jackets at all times when we are on the beach. Safety first! (plus it keeps the sun off their tummies and backs)
 

No comments: