Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ranch trip, PK Graduation, and plan for next year

 Uuuuugggggggggggg. I have so much to catch up on. So much, that it will start today and bleed into tomorrow. You're welcome for the heads up.

Two weekends ago we went straight from Luke's teeball game on  LFO (Lame Family Outing) to a place called Sharkarosa Ranch. True to the nature of LFO's, the kids LOVED it. This place is a petting zoo with a tram ride where they take you to big fields of exotic animals, which can come right up to the tram. Take this first animal for example: a half zebra half horse.


 And then there was a camel that ALMOST SPIT on us.


Here's how Luke and I felt about it:


There were several other animals that we got to see. There were monkeys that Luke particularly enjoyed watching, and Evan got to pet a skunk.


 That's my girl! I tried to get a little family picture of us, but you can see how that turned out.


I show the good with the bad, folks. Good with the bad. Okay, mostly the bad, as long as I don't look bad. :)

Last week was Luke's preschool graduation. I had planned on going to work late that morning so I could attend, but then all this dental stuff with Luke came up, and I had to go in late to already once that week to take him to the dentist, so I didn't feel like I could do it again. Boo. Thankfully, I've got a good friend and a baby sitter who both knew how bummed I was to miss it and took pictures for me! So, the following are compliments of Shae and Cindy.


Three little friends waiting for their Bubbas to come. Jordyn is 3, Mikah is 2 1/2, and Evan was still 1 at this point. Look at the size of my girl's legs compared to her friends!

 And there are the Bubbas! (Dakota is in green, Jadyn is in black, and then my boy looking around) Luke has started putting up a fuss about wearing "button" shirts, but I told him tough cookies that morning. Then he asked if Dakota would be wearing a button shirt, I said probably (with my fingers crossed), and thankfully Shae didn't make a liar out of me. In Luke's head, polos still constitute as "button" shirts.

Getting his award for "best story teller". Aw geez. And again with the duck face.

 Getting a medal for something. Sorry son, you don't relate details very well, so I'm not sure why you got it. But what I do know is you were super super proud of it and even wanted me to wear it to work the next day. Ha!

Luke's preschool class! He had such a great year. Went to the principal's office more times than I did in my entire school career, but good none the less. After much deliberation, tears, and advice from many many people, I've decided to place him in a jr kindergarten class next year instead of sending him on to kindergarten. I tried to rationalize kindergarten for a few weeks, convincing myself he'd be okay, that it was better for finances, easier for transportation, etc. But in the end, my momma heart knew that wasn't right. I was putting the easy way for ME in front of what was best for HIM. So shameful. I think everyone agrees with the decision. My parents, Cindy, his teachers. While academically he could absolutely excel in public school next year, his maturity level is not quite there. He is so young. And such a quiet boy. This will be a giant change in path for him, no longer will he be in the same grade as his three good buddies, but again, I have to look at what's best for my boy.

No comments: