Friday, May 15, 2009

He can hear!

My baby is all fixed up! And when I say baby, I mean Luke, and when I say all fixed up, I mean he got his tubes today. What a champ he was. Of course I had prepared myself for the absolute worst but things turned out smooooooooooth sailing. He didn't fuss because of hunger and he didn't get scared of the super loud fire alarm. That's right. I said fire alarm. We leave the house this morning at 6:45, which gave us an hour to get there. Turns out we needed that hour, because my darling Cody chose to take the route through 3 different towns and we got caught at all but two lights. I am not exaggerating. (but I will give him props- it turns out 183 had a wreck on it so we would have never made it the way I wanted to go) We arrive exactly on time, which if you know me means I was totally stressed out for fear of being late, and we waltzed through the office door into a CROWDED lobby. Apparently this is the time of year to get tubes. I start to fill out the paper work when the fire alarm starts going off. What? What in the world? All the adults in the room just started looking at each other. Do we leave? Is this for real? Do you smell smoke? Which snot nosed kid was it that pulled the lever? (Obviously every parent was thinking it's not my kid, because everyone else has a snot nosed kid, not them. Including me. Luke is always perfect. :) We were all paused, hoping for a nurse to either direct us to leave or tell us it was a drill and we could stay. The nurses didn't play along. After a minute we all shrugged our shoulders, grabbed our kids, and moseyed outside. Three minutes later we were told we could come back in, although the lights were still flashing. So everyone just filed back in without a word and the flow of kids becoming patients continued without a blip. Very odd. About 45 minutes later Luke got called back and within 20 minutes I had a groggy, hungry, tubed up little boy back in my arms. It felt good to hug him. Pretty soon after that we got to leave, so we all went to Chick-fil-A for breakfast (it was only 10:15) and Cody and I sat and watched an episode of Flight of the Concords on Cody's laptop while we ate and Luke chilled in his car seat. All in all, it was a good experience and I am so thankful Luke is finally on the mend!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! Luke is so cute. Glad he got his tubes and everything went well.