Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

What a great day it has been! I have to admit, I was a little worried about how it started out. Cody climbed into bed at 5:00 this morning and I thought "Great. He's going to get 2 hours of sleep and be a horrible grump today. ARRRGG!" But he really pulled through for me. When I went through the living room to go make my coffee this morning I saw my present- a digital frame! Cody had spent the entire night fixing all the pictures on it, carefully going through hundreds and hundreds that we have taken since Luke's been born and picked out the very best, fixed the red eyes, and put them on the frame. It was running when I walked in. I love it! Then-get ready for the random event of the day- as we were getting in the car to go to church (on time for once! We had to be because we are teaching Luke's cradle roll class this month and the teachers should be there before the students. Duh) I found a snake in the garage! Yikes! After church we got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while, which is always lovely. Then Cody let me pick where I wanted to eat lunch, so I picked Rockfish. I love that place, and they have the best bread pudding (which I got to have :). Next we ran home and changed and then the three of us went to the Dallas zoo. Luke's first zoo trip! We met up with some of my belly-buddy friends that I was pregnant with and our babies had a great time. What is more fitting than spending Mother's Day with the people who I became a mother with? And the cherry on top- Cody was very sweet about the whole thing, he didn't complain once. Thank you sweet Jesus for granting me a beautiful baby and a caring husband that bless my life completely.

No comments: