Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dinner- success!

Before I talk about my successful dinner, I have to say I was disappointed in Wal Mart today. I was supposed to babysit at our church's preschool today, for all of the teacher's kids while the teacher's were in a meeting (school starts in two weeks). After I had already gotten all ready and fed Luke I got a call that none of the teachers had brought their kids so I wasn't needed. Fine by me!! I took the opportunity to run up to Wal Mart for diapers and conditioner (don't you hate it when you accidentally buy two shampoos?) and I was sorely dissapointed in the number of people there. You couldn't even tell it was the middle of the work day! Don't you people have work to do? Hmph. Good thing I avoid that place until necessary.

Whilst at Wal Mart I got a call from the oral surgeon's office about costs of the surgery. Holy moly it turned into a slight ordeal. I have coverage from my old dental insurance until August 31st, and new coverage from Cody's work starts Sept. 1st, but the new insurance wouldn't talk to the surgeon's office until my coverage started. I ended up calling FOUR TIMES to the insurance, and FOUR TIMES to the surgeon's office, but I think I've got it worked out.

So now on to the dinner. I made home made meat ball subs, and they were sooooo yummy! I had no idea it was so easy to make meatballs, I will definitely be doing that again. Plus I have an extra pound of hamburger meat in the freezer that I have no idea what to do with. And I have three meat balls left over for one more sandwich. I would have it for lunch tomorrow, but my new friend Taylor is coming over and I'm making chicken salad. My favorite!

And now to continue with the nostalgia theme:


Luke was about 3 months in this picture. I took it just for the bib. We are Texans through and through.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Walmart drives me crazy too. They are in the process of changing ours from a regular walmart to a supercentre and so every time I go there, all the sections have been moved around and I can never find a single thing. It's ridiculous. You could make some spaghetti sauce or burgers with the extra meat?