Sunday, August 23, 2009

For the love of humanity

This afternoon when Luke and I got home from church, we were greeted by an unpleasant smell. This was very foreboding seeing as Daisy Dog has had some kind of poop-issue the last couple of days. She is very well potty trained, but the last couple of days it's been like she just can't make it to the back door. So just to make sure nothing happened on the carpet while I was out, I made sure all the bed room doors were shut.

Back to the present- so when I walked in to the living room all I could see where a couple of pieces of poo and I thought "Bummer. No big deal, but I'm glad it's not terrible." THEN I walked around the side of the couch. It was awful. This poor dog couldn't even make it off the couch and made a horrendous mess everywhere. Plus she had smeared it all over the floor. Cody was taking a shower, so I ran into the bathroom and almost threw up on him as I begged for him to get out and clean it up. There was NO WAY I was able to....the smell was over whelming. Even now when I shut my eyes I can still see it and have a strong desire to gag. Awesome Sunday huh?

Not wanting to end on a nasty note, I put some stuff in a good friend's garage sale. Said good friend is moving to Abilene (noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!) and needed to purge before boxing up. I made $35 off of junk I was sick of looking at! I am not sure what I'm going to spend my hard earned money on. And when I mean hard earned, I mean I sat from 7:30-11 visiting with friends and eating donuts. Donuts were my contribution. They thought I was being nice, but really I would have just felt really guilty if I had shown up with donuts just for me and chowed down while they stared longingly at my fried pastry goodness.

No comments: