Friday, August 14, 2009

Fun day

Today was a really fun day, as I knew it would be due to my completion of housework yesterday. First of all, after I scooped out my coffee for the coffee pot, this was what happened to be at the bottom of the canister.

I didn't create this, I am not kidding. How can it not be a good day after a coffee smiley face? At 11 we went to the pool with my dad, whom Luke just adores. It's so funny to see him get all giddy about his Papa! Mom got there late because her school had orientation today. We stayed at the pool until 12:45, so I'm hoping this momma has more of a tan tomorrow than I did yesterday. When we got home from the pool I fed Luke lunch, where I had a brilliant moment to let him feed applesauce to himself while I unloaded the dishwasher. Here's what I got when I turned back around.

Do you see where the spoon is? What was I thinking? Although, I don't think he minded the mess too much.
I am pretty sure it will be years before I let him feed applesauce to himself again. He had to get a bath to get it all off. He finally went down for his nap at 1:15 and he didn't get up until 5:30. Child wore himself out! What did I do during this luxurious nap time? Nothing, just like I predicted. Then we played and I cut out the letters of his name to make a hooded towel for him. It's a double win- I get to practice stitching around letters some more and he gets a cute new towel. And now I'm wondering if I should go take the toys out of his crib, because instead of going to sleep I am currently listening to him loudly tell them something very important.

No comments: