Thursday, July 4, 2013

24 weeks


How Far Along: 24 weeks

Size of baby: size of an egg plant- about a foot long and a pound and a half

Total Weight Gain/Loss: At the dr's last Monday (oh! I forgot with all the oral surgery stuff that I'd also had my monthly dr appointment that day! Sheesh. They'd sent me home last month with the glucose drink, so I drank it that morning before we took Luke in so I could get my blood drawn, take him to surgery, then go to my appointment in the evening. When I called the office to tell them I'd downed the bottle and was headed in for my draw, the nurse told me it was too early. That it should have been for the NEXT appointment. I told her I had specifically asked about that because I had thought it was too early when they gave me the bottle. The nurse told me I could go ahead and come in and do the test, but if my dr said later that it was too early, then I'd have to redo the test. I said I'd rather just drink the juice twice than risk getting my blood drawn twice. See why I needed the party to go well?!?)...where was I? Oh yes. I weighed 121. *sigh*

Maternity Clothes: Yes. This is what happens when I put on my regular clothes.

 
Gender: Elyse Ann is on her way!
 
Movement: LOTS. She's become quite the active little thing. And it's strong enough now to be able to see- twitching bellies always make me smile. I love feeling her, and only a couple of times has it been to the point of uncomfortable.
   
Sleep: Not great, but mostly my fault. I can't seem to make myself get to bed earlier than 11, and then I wake up at least once to go to the bathroom and/or roll over in bed. I hardly feel rested any more.
 
What I miss: Not tooo much, and definitely not anything I can think of at the moment.
 
Cravings: Pizza! So cliché. So good. I let my kids indulge with me on Saturday ("in honor of Luke's birthday" I said) and wouldn't you know that Luke woke up with a stuffy nose. Maybe the no dairy IS helping.
 
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, round ligament pains, and once I woke up dizzy. (is movement a symptom? I mean, it's not something that normally happens to me, and it is a tell tale sign there's a baby in there.) Oh, and the belly is quickly becoming a brick wall. Not really a symptom, but a pain all the same. Bending over to wash my face make my rib cage feel like it's breaking in half.
 
Best Moment this week: One day last week Luke and I were sitting on the couch. He suddenly told me that we needed to get a floaty boat to put Elyse in next summer so she can go swimming too. It made my momma heart so happy that he was already thinking of ways to incorporate his new sister into our family!

No comments: