Sunday, July 19, 2009

All's well that ends well

When ever I hear the phrase "All's well that end's well." I think of Ma from Little House on the Prairie. I love those books. I think I have read them all a million times. And that phrase definitely describes today.

It all started by me waking up an hour late. I meant to get up at 6:45 so that I would have time to bathe Luke and still have time for a Starbucks run on my way to church. Well, I woke up at 7:45 from the craziest dream ever. Last night I checked the time the alarm was set, I checked the volume of the radio, I checked the brightness of the numerals, but did I actually turn the alarm on? Nope. So after I've run around like crazy getting me and Luke ready for bible class in an hour, I get his diaper bag to pack his lunch and run out the door (still on time for the coffee, but he skipped his bath, I was just praying no one would take a wiff of him). When I open it up, what do I find? ANTS. Little black sugar ants are everywhere. I flip into panic mode and toss everything on the back porch. I grab my tiny hula girl sewing bag, dump out the contents, and throw in a couple of diapers, the food. That's it. No toys, no nothing, to get us through church. I still go get the coffee, we're just really late.

So then after church we go out to lunch with the in-laws. It was good, but then there was a baby shower. I had to dash out of lunch, run to Walmart for more diapers for the top tier of the diaper cake center piece I made, and then run up to the the church to help decorate. We had a great time, and I finally feel like I get to breath. While we were having the shower it rained and we joked about how my grass might turn green again since I haven't watered it once this summer.

The shower is over, and I mosey on home. Has something in this story not added up? Like the fact that I tossed all of Luke's favorite things which we carry around out on the porch and then it rained? It didn't even occur to me until after I got home and was letting the dog out. Board books- melted everywhere. Snacks- unrecognizable blobs. Bibs- soaking mess. Bag- full of water. *sigh* I guess it needed to be cleaned out anyway. But that was not the best way to wipe out old spilled milk and formula and months worth of crumbs. Not to mention the ants that had weathered the storm in the shelter of a cute diaper bag.

Now for the part that ends well. Cody went to go listen to some band play tonight, and my friend Sara's husband is out of town, so I had her and her daughter over for dinner. We had a great time hanging out and visiting. It was a nice way to end doozy of a day!

1 comment:

Saminda said...

Hi Lindsey!
Thanks for coming to visit my blog! We LOVE Little House around here too; I am so enjoying sharing the books with my girl Saraya. :)