Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Toys

Since Kayden is starting to stay awake longer these days, I figured it was time to start dragging out some of Luke's old infant toys.  I thought one of the play gyms and the bumbo would give me the most bang for my buck.  Well, not so much buck as living room space.  While I was in the garage someone decided to raid my sewing basket. 


Yes, that is a whole container of straight pins along with a rack of DVDs.  *sigh* At least he didn't poke himself. 

First I tried Kayden in the bumbo.


I don't think he's quiet ready for it.  But Luke sure was into taking a trip down memory lane.  Or maybe it looked similar to his potty


Sorry his head is cut off, I was trying to get it quickly because he would stand up-sit down-stand up-sit down.  Finally he got situated to watch a little TV. 


After the bumbo fiasco we tried Kayden on the play gym.  Success!


He is a very smiley and happy baby, so getting a picture of his gums (since he doesn't have any pearly whites yet) is MUCH easier than it ever was of Luke.  His mother is lucky- she won't have photo albums of a very confused looking child. 

The rest of the day was spent trying to do a few chores I've been putting off, like hang up all the coats that have piled up in the computer room, unpack my suitcase from this weekend, organized our pay stubs and bill stubs from so far this year, clean Luke's room, and do MORE laundry.  I wanted to get something accomplished so that if it really is snowing in the morning I can sit on the couch with coffee, watch it, and not feel bad about being a lump.  Plus tomorrow afternoon I have my *hopefully* last dentist appointment for my implanted tooth, and all this can be behind me.  Eek!  And I really hope it doesn't go like last time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!! I'm Kayden's gammy, and I can't get enough of seeing his smiling face. Thank you! Brenda Felder.

Lucy Marie said...

How fun that you get to pull out all the old toys and use them again. Praying that the dentist appointment goes well!