Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quick Trip

Yesterday Luke and I took a quick trip over to Abilene.  I didn't have Kayden, so we were able to leave about 10!  I figured we would get there about 1:30, including a break for lunch, but it turned out to be more like 2 because SOMEONE slowed us down.  First he didn't want to eat.  Then all he wanted was my french fries.  Then he wanted ketchup on them.  Then I had to go to the bathroom.  Then we had to get a Blizzard to go.  Then when we got out to the car I realized I forgot to change his diaper.  Then I made a fool of myself trying to change him on top of the suitcase while leaning over the car seat.  It occured to me about half way through the change that I probably should have walked around to the other side of the car.  Live and learn.

When we got to Shae's house, Luke got to play with Dakota for a little while before I made him lay down for a nap.  And when I say made, I mean MADE.  I have never in my life had to force that child to sleep, but I literally WRESTLED the boy down.  Like one leg one top of his legs and my arm pinning down his top half.  Classic mom stuff, right?  He finally drifted off and Shae and I got to actually visit.  Later on I had a nice dinner with Kendra, and we got to eat out on the patio of the resturant.  THE PATIO.  It was soooo pretty there.  Well, weather wise it was so pretty.  Anyone who's ever been to Abilene will all be in agreeance when I say the city itself is far from attractive.  We had a good time catching up, but soon it was bed time.  Luke and I headed back to Shae's house for his bed time, and then we visited some more.  Loved it!

This morning we got up bright and early (oh my word Luke woke up at 6:30 but I wouldn't let him get up until 7:30.  Whose child is this?) and we got ready for the whole reason for the trip....Dakota's birthday party!  He turned 2 at Mr. Gatti's this morning, and let me tell you that place is toddler Vegas and Luke was completely star struck.  He had the most GLORIOUS time running around to all the race car simulation games and "driving" the steering wheels and "shifting" and pushing allllll the buttons.  I was just so dissapointed I forgot my camera back at home.  That kid wore himself out.  We headed back to DFW from Mr. Gatti's and we didn't even make it to the highway before he fell asleep and slept all the way to loop 820.  To put it in better context, he didn't sleep a wink on the way there.

Tonight Cody took me on a fun date to Outback.  Who wants to cook when you've just come home from an overnight trip?  Oh, who am I kidding.  Like I need an excuse to not cook.  But we had fun none the less, and now it's good to be home.  Shae's guest bed was EXTREMELY comfortable, but I do love my flannel sheets and a warm body next to me.  ;)

So even though the weekend isn't over, it's already be an awsome one.  I am so glad I got to spend time with my two different friends, and it was nice to get away from the house for a little while.  You can't be taunted by a laundry load or a dusty shelf at someone else's house.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

So glad you had a good time. Sounds like fun :)