Thursday, February 4, 2010

Suit it up

So, today I didn't heed my own warning at Target.  I returned to the scene of the crime.  Remember when I succumbed to beyond-horrid flourescent lighting and a bathing suit that was on sale on a whim?  Well, it might have happened again today.  Except this time the suits weren't on sale.  And I actually walked away with  one.

What?

Lindsey bought a one piece bathing suit?

Why yes, I did.

Although, I would appreciate your reaction to be a better one than my dear husband gave me.  When I told him I actually bought something for myself today he grudgingly asked what it was.  I told him a one piece swim suit and he looked at me like I was crazy.  I gave him the reason why and he told me it was a waste of money.  No "Let me see it!" or "Why don't you try it on for me?" or "I'm glad you got something you like."  Just a blank stare and a chair swivle back to the computer.  Thanks honey.  It was only $25 from Target.  It's not like I broke the bank.

Now don't worry, my darling new pink bikini from last summer will still get plenty of use when the girls and I take our kids to the water park.  I just wanted something a little more covered for when we have swim parties and the husbands are around.  It felt kind of like wearing your underware in front of your dad last summer when we would have the whole families together.  Plus none of the other moms had bikinis on, so this is a case of peer pressure towards good.  Momma's gettin' modest.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Do not fear! I read an article the other day that said one piece swimsuits are making a major comeback in 2010!