Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Recap

Yesterday didn't so much feel like Valentine's Day as much as just another day with a fancy dinner at the end.  Luke and I went to church yesterday morning, just like any typical Sunday.


Doesn't he just look like he is ready to go off to kindergarten or walk down the isle with some other girl?  *sniff sniff*  My baby just looks so big in this picture to me. 

I wasn't suprised that Cody didn't get me anything.  I mean, if he didn't get me a CHRISTMAS present, why in the world would he get something for measly ole Valentine's Day?  He's one of those fuddy duddies that hates hates hates Valentine's Day.  That's why I took MYSELF to Starbucks before church.  Yep, Momma got a treat. 

But I have to say, dinner was really fun.  He liked my dress, and as predicted, hated the tights.  He told me they looked like sweatpants.  A comment I didn't let him live down the whole night.  Everyone else loved them, and of course I just HAD to mention what he said.  ;)  It's a good thing we are all good friends.  We went with Dillon, Autumn, Justin, and Sarah to The Melting Pot.  I had never been there before, and holy moly was it amazing.  We ate so much it was gluttonous.  I mean, when Cody and I got home I crawled into bed and watch the Olympics to try to forget the pain. 

(at Dillon's house, I needed a third party to take the picture)

Today was a whole lot of nothing.  This morning Luke and I went to Babies R Us and got him a little potty for when ever we start potty training.  Boy that really scares me.  There are a lot of things that he is just going to pick up naturally, but potty training could be a real struggle.  I mean, there ARE kindergarteners who still have trouble with that.  And I know that it will be months and months before all this buisness really starts, with his launguage issues it will be a long time before he can tell us he needs to potty, but at least it will be there for him to see everyday in the bathroom. 

Then the rest of the day was where the whole lotta nothing came in.  The only productive thing I've done in the last.....11 hours.......is empty the dishwasher.  For the last few weeks I have had THE HARDEST time getting things done.  You don't even want to know all the stuff I've been putting off.  I just. can't. do. it.  Just can't.  I really need someone to come over for dinner/ the weekend/ to play/just something so that I will be FORCED to clean for someone.  Does anyone know if the Queen of England is busy this weekend?

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I love the dress, shoes and tights. You are ONE HOT MAMA! OW OW! I will come over for dinner so you have to clean your house :)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful family!! So pretty all dressed up!!