Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's a charmed life

First of all, yesterday I forgot to mention that Cody brought me something home from work.


Aren't they so pretty?  My beloved hasn't brought home flowers in FOREVER and it made me feel so loved!

Then as I turned around from taking the picture of the roses my eyes fell upon this sight.


Isn't the life of a toddler just the best?  When everything is okay when your belly is full (we just had eaten breakfast), your cartoons are on, and you have a front row seat.  Don't you wish sometimes you could go back and just live in that innocence and naivety?  I know that to expericence a deep and rich life you have to experience both great pain and great joy, but sometimes it would be so sweet to just go back to when things were simple.  Someone feeds you, someone plays with you, someone loves you, someone kisses the boo boos, someone tucks you in at night. 

Then I spent sometime this morning decorating some bobby pins.


Aren't the fun?  I wore the flower leaf one to church tonight.  That's pretty much the extent of all the interesting things I did today.  Unless you want to hear about the ironing.  Or the hissy fit Luke threw when I wouldn't let him outside without his shoes on.  Or the one he threw when I picked him up from bible class because he couldn't play anymore.  Or the one he threw when I took away some scissors he found somewhere.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

The roses are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the bobbie pin creations! Yea for husbands that bring home flowers! That was very sweet! They are beautiful. :)