Friday, February 5, 2010

New creations

This morning I got busy making something for my kitchen.  I decided that my sign from Canton looked a little lost on the wall, so I made it some friends. 


Here are the close ups:



I am very pleased with how they turned out.  There is only one boo boo that drives me nuts, but I'm not going to point it out, that way it can't drive you nuts too!  I felt like these two words, "faith" and "mercy", are big things the Lord is speaking to me right now. So now I have them as a permanent reminder in the kitchen!

Those two canveses took the ENTIRE morning, and then my darling friend Shae got to come over for a visit!  Remember how she moved away last October?  :(  It was so good to be able to spend some couch time with her today, and then I went out to eat with her and her husband.  Such a great kick off to the weekend! 

Oh, and I'll let you know if Cody notices the new wall hangings.  He still hasn't noticed the metal scrolls over the living room windows (first mentioned here and then pictured here), the new knobs on the entertainment center (replaced early last month), the hangings over the back door (pictured here), or either of the new hangings from Canton.

*EDIT*  okay, so he came home 20 minutes after I posted this.  We were hugging in the kitchen and he goes "Where do these signs keep coming from?!"  I laughed and said finally you noticed!  He said he saw the other one and just didn't say anything.  Then he was really impressed I made the two I did.  Oh yeah.  I still know how to impress my baby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new creations! Your creativity and talent always amazes me!! :)

Rachel said...

Wow! Those are awesome- can you tell us how you did it?? I am so impressed!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Those are awesome. You did a great job and I see no "boo boos":) I love the patchwork feel.

Lucy Marie said...

Those are so great. I want you to make things for me. Because you are good at it. And I suck.