Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowy Day

Not ever in my whole 26 years of living have I ever experienced a day like today.  It snowed the. whole. day.  Whole day.  Snowed.  And not just a light snow, a steady fairly heavy snow.  All day.  I felt like the windows had been replaced with a winter scene screen saver.  That's how steady the snow fell all day.  But did that keep us indoors?  Nope.

I know yesterday I thought I would be a couch potato today, but that is far from the truth.  Partly because I wanted Luke to get to experience the snow, partly because I was obsessed all day with finding the perfect pair of tights to go with my dress.  I just had to get them TODAY.  But before we get into that story, lets take a brief look at us playing outside this morning (and if you are my friend on Facebook, sorry, you've already seen these.)

I tried to build a snowman and get Luke's picture with it. 

A.) Building a snowman is really hard and I stunk at it (you'll see why soon)
B.) Luke was not impressed


Then we had to go in to eat breakfast, and Mom came over with some bread (we were totally out) and Starbucks.  We went back out.....

and I had to rebuild my snowman because it had already fallen over.


Speaking of falling over, someone was a little over-dressed and had trouble staying up right.



So I would have to help him up.


Here are just a few more of us just being outside:




And my snowman still didn't make it.  By the end of the day it was just this lump:

Bummer, cause I kinda wanted my buttons back.  Maybe I'll find them this spring, if spring ever comes.

So all afternoon I was obsessing about whether or not to get out and search for the perfect pair of tights.  Half of me was really paraniod that they were out there and I would be 5 minutes too late to arrive at the store and some 13 year old would beat me.  But the other half was not thrilled about getting out on the slushy streets with a kid in tow, especially since my mother had already been kind enough to get us a loaf of bread (of course I would forget that at Walmart last night and we were OUT) and bring it to us in the raging blizzard this morning.  My comprimise?  I got on the phone.  I called two different Targets (struck out), and then got the brilliant idea to call Delia's clothing store.  Another young-person-place-to-shop.  I'm really going to credit God with this, the thought totally came out of no where.  And guess what?!  They sure did have a pair.  ON SALE.  I mean come on, what else could that be except for divine intervention.  So after nap time I bundled The Boy back up and we treked it to the store.  I stopped for a Sonic Dr. Pepper on the way.  Don't judge me.  It was happy hour. 

When I got home I tried it all on, and it looks SOOOOOOO much better than the fish nets.  (Brandy and Erica, you can stop looking at me like I'm crazy now) 

So tomorrow morning when the temperature has dropped and the 10 inches (not exaggerating) of snow freezes I can really be a couch potato.  Really. 

*I'm including a "Something I made" label because I made Luke's hat and scarf that he's wearing about three months ago and I never posted about it.  So there.  I made it.

3 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

Yay! So glad you had a fun snow day.

Zach and Alyson said...

I don't judge you and your Sonic stop. I FREQUENTLY do the same. ;)

Farmgirl Paints said...

I heard you had a snow day! How exciting is that. I'm surprised you had hats and gloves:)