Friday, February 12, 2010

More snow

Obviously I can't leave this child alone while I potty and have the cabinet doors unlocked at the same time. 


Yeeeeesh.  Also in this eventful morning I let him go back outside to play.  At first I didn't want to because the snow was so pretty, and there wasn't any more falling to cover up the mess we would make of it.  But when I took some bills out to the mailbox and saw our bushes at the breaking point, ladened down with snow, I thought I would let him roam while I kicked the snow off.  (using your hands hurts due to extreme cold, so yes I did act a fool high kicking snow off bushes).  And by roam, I mean he wanted to go play in the street where the snow wasn't.  *sigh*  Why did I create all that laundry then?  As I was trying to interest him in the snow while it lasted, I made one last attempt at building something.  Not a snowman, since that was an obvious failure yesterday, but a heart that said Happy V-Day!

Eh.  It could be worse. 

Also, the people 4 houses down had a grand 'ole time in their yard, and when they went inside I snuck over and got Luke's picture in their fort. 


Shhhhhh.

I got our footprints in the snow side-by-side.  I love being able to compare how small he is next to me.

Then before my shower I finally broke out my fancy new hair products.  I have a dear friend who's husband works for a high end hair product company, and they gave me some stuff to try out.  After my shower I ran into a little bit of a problem.  See, I don't ever use product on my hair.  Ever.  I used to put a little bit of mousse in when I didn't blow dry it, but I've even stopped doing that.  So I was a little bit confused as to how many of these products to use at one time.  Can I use Root Boost Spray and Thickening Cream Gel at the same time?  Should I follow up with the Weightless Shine Spray?  When do I put on the Firm Hold Hairspray?  All of this seemed like a lot of stuff to put in my hair, especially since it was the VOLUMIZING collection.  Won't all of it weigh it down and make it flat?

I put a call in to my patient friend to maybe give me insight, but she didn't get back to me in time.  I was on my own.   So I just tried the Root Boost Spray, and it wasn't bad!  I could tell that I had product in my hair, but so far so good on not being weighed down or looking over oily. 

Finally tonight we had a little birthday dinner at my grandmother's house for her ?th birthday, which was Wednesday.  Luke was a little smoozer and suckered everyone into giving up their laps, dessert, and conversational time to play.   When we got home, he decided to help feed Daisy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tips on your products..... I was a hairstylist for several years so I may have a trick or two for you;)
I have very very fine hair and I use at least 5 products in my hair everyday. I would definitely put all products in your hair when it is wet and then if you like the feeling of nothing in your hair make the last product you put in your hair the shine spray. Yes you can use that on wet hair too. Make sure also that the root lift is only used on your roots or it can weigh it down. You can read this post of mine and it may or may not help you:
http://timlinzrowland.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/show-us-your-life-favorite-products/

Last, don't be afraid of products they are a staple to great looking hair!

Lucy Marie said...

I love that you snuck to your neighbours to take a picture of him in their fort. So funny.