Saturday, February 27, 2010

Another new game

Hey friends!  Where have I been the last few days you ask?  Well, it's not so much that I've been anywhere, but more like I've had this.


And when you have days and days of this


you just want to go to bed at 8.  Which I did last night.

But I did get a 20 second video of Luke's new thing to do.



I call it the ultimate hidey hole.  That's child size, after you pull everything out of the cabinet. 

And if you don't live in Texas, you are really missing something.  The weather today was BEAUTIFUL!!  I ran out of coffee yesterday, so that warrented a Starbucks and donut run before hitting up the grocery store for more.  While Luke and I were sitting and chowing down on our fried dough and sugar, I was trying to hold in the laughter while I watched a dude handle 6 kids.  Six.  Kids.  But I really was impressed.  He was in his early 30's or so, and you could tell he had been a really fun guy in college.  Tall, attractive, built, and totally pulling of athletic wear.  Can I just tell you how patient he was with those kids?  I would have sighed heavily at least twice if I were in his shoes, but when all 4 little girls under the age of 7 came running out of the bathroom with soap on their hands because they couldn't turn on the water he just calmly and CHEERFULLY told them he would come and help.  Amazing.  Not that any of  that had to do with the weather, I just don't want to forget such a show of patients when my ONE child gets Cheeto fingers on me AGAIN.  Like today.  Twice.  But can you really have a bad day when there is sunlight streaming through the windows and good music blaring and then you get to spend adult time with a dear friend while shopping for the afternoon?  Nope. 

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Wow 6 kids!?! I don't know if I'd be able to do it. Kudos to him.