Monday, March 1, 2010

Major Attack

So over the weekend I had a major attack of the allergies.  If you live in Texas, you kind of can't avoid it, but this weekend was extra bad.  Like Saturday night I only got 1 1/2 hours of sleep and went through an entire roll of toilet paper.  Today my nose is stopped up, but my energy has yet to kick back in.

But did Luke get the memo?  Of course not.  At this very moment, as I type, he is doing short bursts of SCREAMING at the top of his lungs from his bed.  And he's been in there for at least 30 minutes. 

This afternoon I caught him with my box of kleenex's.  He was pulling out a tissue, blowing his nose in it, throwing it down, and getting another.  I think he went through about 10 tissues before I got them away from him.  You know you've been blowing your nose a lot when a 20 month old can do it. 

Did you catch that?  My baby is 20 months old!  I can't believe in 4 short months I'll have a 2 year old.  Holy moly.  Have I really been doing this mom thing for that long?  Am I an old pro yet?  Can you be an old pro with only one kid?  Somehow I feel like I'm not quite a mom-ish as other moms who have mulitple kids.  Like only having one is sissy stuff and the real old pro's have 3 or 4 kiddos running around.  And now I hear my kid let out another scream, and I'm thinking I'll stick with the sissy stuff for awhile. 

1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

That's the only thing I dread about Spring...allergies. Hope it gets better for you!