Saturday, March 27, 2010

Another first

This morning I took Luke to a birthday party.  Our friends' little boy, Zane, turns 2 next weekend!  Since it's Easter weekend for his actual birthday, they bumped up the party and Luke got to participate in another first....his first Easter egg hunt!  He was into it for the first five minutes, and then once we got towards the drive-way the cars were more alluring and he lost interest in finding some silly ole eggs.  Then we all went inside to open presents, and Luke decided it was melt down time.  In all fairness, it was an hour past nap time and I did DRAG him away from almost playing in the street.  I'm so mean, I don't know how he stands it.  Unfortunantly I (suprise suprise) forgot my camera, but luckily John got a few pictures of Luke and just posted them to Facebook. 

And this one was before lunch and the egg hunt and presents when the kids were just running around playing.  There was a super fun fort in the back yard!

(thanks John for taking these and posting them!)

Once the melt-downs started I hauled Luke home and handed him off to Cody for a nap.  Then I went to Target SOLO.  And I got........a purse.  On clearence!  I only paid $17 for it!  Whoo hoo!  Now I know just the other day I was saying how I didn't need a purse because it was basically an adult diaper bag and I wanted to get rid of all baggage, but they just kept calling to me.  I have been obsessively looking at purses on Etsy and I was thisclose to buying on one from this lady or maybe the blue flora from this lady, but then I realized I could have instant gratification if I bought one here in town.  Plus as a bonus I saved a ton of money (which I used to buy Luke a new shirt, on clearence also, and two new pairs of flip flops, and his Easter basket stuffers). 

Also, I've been obsessed with staring at Luke's new bedding and some new cowboy boots for this fall.  I know, I know, it will be MONTHS before we bump up Luke's bed and he needs new bedding, but a girl can dream right?  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with this quilt (oooooo, or this one) and the rest of the room will be vintage cowboy decorations.  And I'm waiting until close to fall for his new boots so the sizing will be more accurate.  I'm starting to save now!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

The eater egg hunt looks like so much fun. And I am glad you got a purse! Yay!