Thursday, March 11, 2010

Escaped Felon

After breakfast this morning I let Daisy outside and went to check on Kayden (who had passed out in Luke's bed.  I laid K in there to take L out and change his diaper, by the time I got back to K he was already asleep.)  He was still asleep. 

Then I realized Daisy was inside.  With my head hanging I remembered that I didn't lock the door after letting her outside and SOMEONE figured it out. 

In his p.j.'s. 

With no shoes on. 

In the mud from the rain yesterday. 

(and no, that's not grass, all the green you see are WEEDS.  What in the world am I going to do?)

So I chased him around the backyard, caught him like a sack of potatoes, and carried him in to wash his feet.  Then I took him back to his room to change him so he could play outside in normal clothes with shoes on.


Apparently he needed to go back to jail.  I would have let him, except that Kayden was sleeping 6 inches away in the crib.  *head hanging again*  It's a good thing I adore that boy.

On a much more positive note, Dawn from ECI came today and while we were playing Luke kept saying "yuck"  when getting a toy, and she said he was saying "look"!  A new word!  It totally makes sense, and my education background should have given me the clue that lots of kids say /y/ for /l/ (like some kids switch /w/ for /l/.  My best friend when I was little couldn't say her L's, so I was Windsey Wittle.)  I'm going to be watching out for more phonem switches like this to see if he's really saying more than I realize!

1 comment:

Facebook Recipes said...

Our backyard looks just like yours...weed central. CRAP!