Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beautiful flowers and a small scare

This morning Mom and Dad took me and Luke and Grandmother (my grandmother) to the Dallas Arboretum.  I can't believe we've lived here for 20 years and never been there before.  It was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.  So serene.  There were parts of it that totally made me feel like a princess in a royal palace garden.  Then it made me want to be a princess so I could have a royal palace garden.  I don't know how anyone could not be happy or not love God with every ounce of being in that place.  I did get a few pictures, more than I normally get when we are out and about, but my poor baby hates getting his picture taken.  Hates it.  I think he just doesn't like to be told where to stand or made to be still.  He is one busy kid. 





He dozed for a few minutes on the way home, and I knew that would ruin the chances of him taking a nap at home.  But, I tried none the less.  We got home and I promptly took off his shoes and pants, changed his diaper, and put him to bed.  30 minutes later he was still babbling away so I went into check on him.  His socks, paci, and diaper were on the floor.  And his quilt was wet.  Awesome. 

So I put a fresh diaper on him, grabbed a pair of shorts out of the drawer below the change table, and put him back in bed.  Then I went out front to work on the other half of the lawn.  I had pulled three trash bags full of weeds when I heard a rattling at the front door.  I look up, and there is Luke.  My first thought was "Oh crap.  He climbed/fell/busted out of his crib.  What am I going to do."  Then as I walked up the side walk to the door I see Daisy.  I had left her out back so she wouldn't distract or wake up Luke by begging at the front door.  My next thought was "Oh nice.  He's been out of bed long enough to let the dog back in." 

Then I saw a man standing behind them and I screamed. 

Then I realized it was Cody. 

He was supposed to be at work, but had run home because he had forgotten something.  Instead of telling me he was home, he heard the baby still babbling and got him up.  And he laughed and laughed at me for screaming. 

A few minutes later Cody left, so I retired from pulling weeds for awhile and let Luke play out back, which he was dying to do.  A little while later I felt of his hands and they were sooo cold, so I made him put on some shoes and a jacket.  His boots and sweater were the first things I saw.  A little while later I let him eat a cup of applesauce out back, but I made him wear a bib because I think we all know what happens when a 20 month old tries to feed himself applesauce on the go.  That lead to an eventual outfit that looked like this. 

I should be ashamed, but I think it's too hysterical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to save that last photo for him when he gets to be a stylin' teenager! Too cute! The photo of the two of you by the flowers is really good. :)

Lucy Marie said...

The photo of him wailing by the flowers is priceless. Love it. And how terrible of Cody to scare you like that - E would do the same thing and I would react the same way!