Monday, March 15, 2010

No bags of poo please

Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to roll out of bed the later you sleep?  I totally had that problem today.  Luke woke up at 8:15 and talked for a few mintues, then all was quiet.  Then a little while later he talked some more, and all was quiet.  He really let me know about 8:45 that he was done with the whole bed thing, but I just couldn't get up.  I made him stay there until 9 when I finally got up, and even then I fixed him breakfast and immediatly laid on the couch while he ate.

Until I got strawberry juicy fingers on my shoulder tapping me awake.  Mmmmmmm.....toddler food fingers. 

Later on in the morning he started building pillow mountains in the bedroom and falling over into them, so we played a game where we counted "Ooooooone...................... Twoooooo.................. Threeeeeeeeeeee.......... Gooooo!" and we would fall over and giggle giggle giggle.  Oh to be in the mind of a 20 month old. 

This afternoon we got out and did a couple of errands.  His nose has been on a pretty constant drip the last week, so I got him some allergy meds today and I'm hoping that clears it up.  Tonight was WWIII trying to get it down him so it better be worth it.  We also went to the grocery store and I think I may finally be stocked up on stuff for a while.  It's been awhile since we've been that way due to my forgetfulness of what we need when I'm actually at the store. 

Then I got out in the front yard and started pulling weeds.  I got two HUGE trash bags full, and I'm happy to say I did make a dent.  I got about 85% of one side of the yard done, so while it looks a little uneven, I'm okay with it.  Maybe in the next day or so I can get out and work on the other side.  We absolutely have the worst lawn on our street. I'm just hoping this feeble attempt to right our embarrasing wrong appeases the neighbors and they don't ban together and put a flaming bag of poo on our front porch for being THAT LAWN on the street.

No comments: