Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baby shower- success!

So I'm feeling a bit sheepish over my drama-queen like post yesterday about making the cake.  Yes it was frustrating, but I am so blessed to have amazing friends in my life who gushed over it.  They are so sweet and made me feel better.  There were about 30 ladies who came out to bless Sara and baby Ryan with some love.  We all had a fantastic afternoon of fellowship and food.  The recipe for a perfect party!  And without further ado.....

(the banner hung up over the dining room)

(hung on the wall beside the dining room table, there are close ups of some of the things down below, but I didn't get a close up of the bag.  I am mad that I forgot!  Maybe the next time I go over there I'll ask her if I can take one.)

(hostesses!  I did get a picture with Sara, but unfortuantly not on my camera.  boo!)

(banner, there were 8 pennents total, the middle 4 had Ryan's name on them)


(above, the front, and below, the back)


6 comments:

Ashley said...

My sister is very talented. The end.

Mandy said...

1. Love the cake. Shame on you for being so hard on yourself.

2. The wiener dog onesie is the best.

Haley said...

Ok so many things to say here . . .
1) The cake rocked. It was beautiful.
2) ARGYLE for the win!!! :D
3) What beautiful baby gifts. The sewing machine needle drama was totally worth it.
4) what a beautiful home you have. I'm so jealous.

Lucy Marie said...

Don't think I didn't notice that you dressed yourself to match the decorations! Love it!!

Also, the cake looks gorgeous ... I was definitely expecting something MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse!

I'm so glad it was all a success :)

Foltermann said...

AGAIN: you are awesome! I loved EVERYTHING! I keep prancing around my house with the onesies and burp clothes on my stomach (hey- it's exercise!). I also went home and hung the banner on his window, where it looks perfect. I will take a picture with my phone and send it to you!

Shannon said...

suuuuper cute! brava girl!