Monday, March 8, 2010

Rains gone!

Oh man, it has rained for the last two days straight pretty much.  Finally this evening it stopped, and it was lovely outside!  I ran to the grocery store about 5, and half of the sky was grey, half was bright blue.  So dramatic!  Usually you see the clouds thinning and eventually they are gone, but not this time.  The cloud just.....stopped.  And it was blue sky and sunshine.  Very odd.  But the temperature was perfect and the smell was delicious.  That's something you don't get too much in the wet winter weather, the heavenly aroma of damp earth. 

On a completely random note, this afternoon I watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Oh. My. Goodness.  That was an experience.  And I do not get why it's such a big deal.  Is it because they cross dressed before it was more socially acceptable?  Is it because they treat sex like it's no big deal?  I don't know, but it was just odd.  At least I can say I've watched it now, but it was probably a first and last time kind of deal.  I wonder if Susan Sarandon is mortally embarrassed to have been in it.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I have a feeling the rain that has left you is going to make it's way to us. We're supposed to get rain Wednesday-Sunday.

Facebook Recipes said...

I watched it a couple of weeks ago on TV...totally weird. Chris walked in and was completely disgusted that I was watching it. I still am not really sure what that movie was all about.