Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good day

Today was one of the better days that I've had in awhile.  For reasons left unsaid, the last couple of weeks have been really rough, and they've taken their toll.  But thanks to a quiet morning full of cartoons, and my sweet Shae who delivered a big ole Dr. Pepper to my doorstep during nap time, today was actually a good day.  This evening Cody called me and told me I needed to go pick him up from the car repair place- his truck was acting funny again.  Bummer.  But we stopped at Cozeymel's for dinner (so yum) and then in the car Luke just randomly blurted out "I'm 'appy!"  What a great thing to say unprompted.  I'm so glad my boy was happy.  I'd do anything to make him that way.  Which was not far from the truth today, because if there was one hiccup in our day, it was due to a little someone being Mr. Crabby-pants for about half of it.  We also took a family trip over to a friend's house who just had a baby.  I was interested to see what Luke would do around this four day old little girl, and just as I predicted he ignored Adelaide completely.  I tried to tell him about how this was just like sister will be when she comes to meet us, but it didn't phase him.  He was WAY more interested in their dogs and the doggie door next to the couch. 

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

I'm glad you had a good day. You deserve it. Love you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Yay for good days! I hope that today is even better!! You deserve it!! :)

~Luke and Evan's Nana~