Friday, April 1, 2011

Park time

Tonight I decided to do something a little different.  The weather was beautiful again today, high of 86.  We had stayed inside most of the day so I thought for dinner I'd throw together a sandwich and take my boy to the park.  We stayed for a whooping 2 hours!  At first he went to the playground, but then his running legs got the best of him.  Normally when we go to the park we are with a friend, so I make him stay on the playground so I can chit chat on the bench.  Tonight it was just the two of us, so I let him roam the gigantic frisbee golf course where ever his little legs would take him, and I just trailed behind (as quickly as this belly would let me). 



Mostly his little legs wanted to go down to this concrete drainage creek thing, which had the nastiest water trickling down it.  But to a 2 year old boy, does it get any better?!  As long as he didn't touch the stuff, I was fine with whatever. 


Per the picture, I tried to just walk beside him on the grassy part, but he insisted that I walk behind him on the concrete.  So particular.  After a little while I got hungry, so I herded him back to the picnic table where I had left our dinner, and we sat down to eat.  After using a wipee AND hand sanitizer of course. 


He dined on lunch meat, cheese, a fruit cup and my chips while I had the best sandwich of peppered turkey, cheese, mayo, avocado, and tomato.  Yum right?!  I haven't had much of an appetite lately, so this was a welcomed meal in a tummy that was actually hungry.  While we ate I tried and tried to get a picture of us, but it's like he didn't know where to look on the phone.  I guess I should have used the term "phone" instead of "camera", cause now that I think about it he was probably looking down for Mom's big black camera, instead of the back of my phone.  Oh well.


This was the best I could do.  After we ate we went back down to the "water" then once more to the playground to swing and run across the bridge before headed home to the bath.  That boy should be sleeping well tonight!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Looks like a fun evening. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner. Hope he slept well last night. xoxo