Friday, July 1, 2011

One month


Evan, you are one month old today!  How is that even possible?!  Your time with us has been so sweet that it seems like none has passed at all.  You are a great baby and I just love you so much.  I'm not the only one!  Your brother has become quite fond of you, putting a paci in your mouth (usually upside down) when you are "sad", patting your back while you nurse, kissing you, laying with you during tummy time, and telling you what a sweet and pretty girl you are. When I'm holding you he always wants me to talk to you.  It's so funny!

I am so grateful for the sweet sounds of your cooing and your funny goat noises.  Some say it sounds like a goat, some say it sounds like a chuckle, but whatever it is you do it frequently.  Like when you are disturbed from your sleep, picked up or laid down, or sometimes just because.  You are currently strapped to my chest in your sling as I type, and when I look down you are just staring back at me with your big beautiful blue eyes.  Or gently resting your head on my chest dozing off.  You are my most precious girl!

About a week and a half ago you graduated from newborn sized clothes to most of your 0-3 month sized clothes.  Your little body was just too long for the newborn stuff!  (but your arms and legs aren't quite chubby enough for all of the 3 month things)  You wear a size one diaper and I don't see that changing too soon.  You nurse every couple of hours during the day and *most* nights go for one stretch of 4 to 4 1/2 hours and then 2 1/2 hours between feedings.  You mostly love your paci, and if I don't get it in fast enough you find your thumb.  We may have a future thumb sucker on our hands!  You also love to be swaddled- definitely sleep better that way.

Girlfriend, I hate to say it, but you are a tad bit more high maintenance than your brother was.  You LOVE to bed held and will only tolerate being set down for a few minutes at a time.  But guess what?  I totally don't mind.  I will hold you till kingdom comes if you let me.  Having you rest on my chest is one of my favorite times of the day.  And we do it frequently.  Ha!

Thank you so much for coming into our lives.  I am just smitten with you, and I can't wait to see what the next month will hold.  What you will grow to be.  Who you will grow to look like.  Where your path will take you.  But we've got plenty of time for that.  For now you just be my baby, okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two precious pictures! What a sweet big brother! Happy one month birthday Evan! We are so happy you joined our family!
~Luke and Evan's Nana~