Friday, August 20, 2010

Stubborn boy

Oh, we were back to normal today.   Most definitely. 

The morning passed well enough.  Not much happened this morning....what did I do........oh.  I folded a ton of laundry that had previously been caught in the line of fire from the tummy bug.  I finished another order (which you can see as the example for a gift set in the shop.  Not the greatest picture, it was super super bright today.  Like every day.  I might try again in the morning.  You can also get to my Etsy shop by clicking on the orange Etsy circle to the left.)  I got Kayden to finally pick up and eat food by himself.  Not bad, eh?  Soon it was lunch time, and after lunch time was glorious nap time. 

Usually it's glorious. 

Kayden went down easy breezy, the kid way dying to go to sleep.  Believe me, he let me know.  I got Luke to wrap up his lunch, and then put him down.  I piddled around for about 45 minutes and then went outside to tan a little bit (can you believe in the last two weeks I've only been outside once?  Yikes!).  Twenty five minutes later I came in and Luke was still up, PLAYING in his room.  Bah.  I used a semi-mean voice to tell him to get back in bed, then got in the shower.  Surely he'll be asleep by the time I get out. 

Nope.  I got out of the shower and he was playing in the hall.  Not even in his room!  I got out my for-real-mean voice and put him back in bed.  I got dressed, lotioned, checked what my bible readings for the day was, and the boy was up and playing again.  This time I got out my you-better-do-what-I-say  mean voice, and again put him in bed.  I settled in to do my daily reading.   Low and behold I hear pitter patter in the hall.

He got a spanking that time.  I thought most definitely that would keep him in bed.  I picked up my reading again. 

Momma?  Momma?  Mom?  Mom?  Momma?  Pitter patter pitter patter, giggle and a waving hand at me.

*sigh*  Really?  The spanking didn't work?  I gave up.  I just put my bible down and got up to fix lunch for myself.  By then it was 3:00, and I figured an hour and a half was long enough to fight the nap today.  This NEVER happens.  I just made some mac n cheese and split it with him.  If you can't fight 'em, might as well join 'em.

No nap did make for an interesting afternoon.  He pulled off all the back cushions off the couch and played trampoline?  Crazy boy?

They look mightly similar to some other pictures I've got. 

He also got the munchies.  How he had the munchies after all the mac n cheese he ate is beyond me.  But while I wasn't looking he found a brand new, used only once, jar of seasoning mix.  He managed to get it unscrewed and I guess he thought it looked or smelled like dog food. 

That's almost the entire jar filling Daisy's food bowl.  That stuff was kinda expensive too. 

Tonight we went over to Cody's parent's house for hamburgers and to visit with his grandparent's that are in town.  I knew it would be touch and go with a tired toddler, and we made it until 8 with only one major melt down before Cody said it was time to go.  Not bad.  Not bad at all. 

And you know what?  I haven't heard any pitter patters or giggles since I put him to bed.  Whew!

No comments: