Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Play date

This morning I took the boys over to the Sloan's house for a play date.  Tamara brought her kiddo's too, so that meant there were three 2 year old boys (as in their birthdays are within 4 months of each other), a 10 month old boy, an 8 month old girl, and a 2 month old boy.  That's a lot of boys!  Needless to say they created quite a ruckas.  After they played for a couple of hours we loaded everyone up and went to grab some lunch at Einstein Brother's Bagels. 

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  We were THE thing to watch.  Imagine a table for 8 with three little boys standing in their chairs on one side, three baby's in various seats around the table, and three mothers attempting to keep things civilized.  I believe the true test of motherhood is when you are completely outnumbered by children and still able to maintain adult conversation.  We passed with flying colors.  AND the kicker is that we only got one disapproving glare from a lady who looked like she needed a little fun in her life.  Not bad, eh? 

After lunch we came home and I put the boys down for a nap while I did some sewing.  Then Kayden went home, Luke got up, and we went to have dinner at church.  Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith the same group of people I spent the rest of my day with.  For bible class tonight I got to help out in Luke's class.  My special friend is definitely special.  While all the other kids were jumping, participating, chatting, playing, my baby boy just stood there to watch.  I do believe we have an introvert on our hands.  I try not to worry about him being so quiet, isolating himself like he does, because I'm fairly certain that Cody was just like this as a child.  It wasn't until high school that he came out of his shell.  And I can say this because I've known Cody since we were 7.  But, as a mother you want your child to be liked by the others.  To be social and outgoing.  To have fun in the way that I think he should have fun.   But I'm learning that every child is different, and I need to let go of how I think he "should" be.  As long as he is truly happy, I'll be happy.  At least he won't be annoying to his teachers one day with his constant talking, like a certain someone who is pecking at her keyboard!  I like to find the silver lining. 

What a fun day we had.  I just wish that most of my days could be like to day.  Being a people person I always feel better after hanging out with friends, getting to visit and do life.  I just wish Brandy didn't have to go back to work so that she could play with us more!  It's finally getting cool enough (maybe) to start taking the boys to the park, so soon Tamara and I will get to have our weekly time.  Whoo hoo!

No comments: