Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pretends to be an angel

Lemme start with yesterday's nap.  I put Luke down at the same time as Kayden.  Nothing different there.  90% of the time he's good about staying in his bed and talking himself to sleep (or singing, or kicking, or calling for me).  Yesterday was the other 10%.  It took 2 1/2 hours of me taking puppy, taking blanket, taking pillow, shaking my finger, snarling words,  taking knitted blanket, a swat to the bottom, and taking his quilt.  The kid literally had a sheet on his bed.  After all of that I STILL heard him playing in his room, so I walked down the hall hunched over so I could watch him through the knob hole.  He could hear my footsteps, and I watched him scramble back in bed.  I didn't go in or open the door, but I stood there and watched him for a minute.  FINALLY about 10 minutes later he fell asleep.  Only by that time Kayden was waking up, so Momma didn't get her nap at all.  Boooooo.

In bible class last night he made this picture. 

I like to put all the things that he makes on the fridge, but I'm not sure how to take him scribbling a black cloud for a picture that supposed to be about us doing good. 

Anyway, let's move on to today.  It started out just like any other morning- breakfast, diapers, toys everywhere in 2.5 seconds. 

I let Luke have two chocolate chip muffins and let's just say he was a happy camper.  And that's not a booger, that's muffin.  Promise.

Then something wonderful happened- I got to have a skype chat with Lindsay!  Since she lives in Canada this will be the closest thing to us "meeting" that will probably happen in our life time, but I  loved it!  I got to see baby Eva and tell her in person what's been going on lately.  Much to tell, but that's for a later date.  After we were through I went to start on some sewing projects I've been horrifically putting off.  Plus I got an Esty order today so that needed to be taken care of. 

All was going pretty normal, Kayden was playing with toys, I was sewing, and Luke was out back with the dog.  Then I looked out the window.  And saw this.

Mmmmmm, pretty sure he didn't start out that way.  I may have been forgetful lately, but not THAT forgetful.  And sorry for the poor quality of the picture.  I had a split second to capture it before he was on to me and ran off.  I quickly brought the necked boy  inside and put a fresh diaper on him.  Soon it was lunch time, then glorious nap time.

You better believe I told him very sternly that he better stay in bed this time, because I was not going to have another incident like yesterday.  And you know what?  I only had to go in there once because he was up playing, which meant he only lost puppy (okay, when I went in there to get puppy and put him back in bed I did lock up all his toys with a baby proof lock, but I like to think my stern words and punishment of no puppy truly had an effect.)  This meant that Momma got to take a 2 hour nap today.  Whoo hoo!  It's also the reason I'm able to stay up so late typing right now. 

It's a good thing that I was so well rested when nap time was over, when he woke up he called for me to come get him instead of just getting out of bed.   This would be the reason. 

Stinker.  Luckily all was dry.  And I would like to say that was the end of our diaper removal fiasco today, but this evening while I was cooking dinner he went out in the back yard again.  This time when I turned around he had the front of his whole body pressed up against the glass door with, you guessed it, no diaper.  That was quiet a sight.  Looking back, I'm not sure why it didn't occur to me to put shorts on him after the 2 other times he removed his diaper today, but I didn't.  I didn't learn from my mistakes. 

Good  news though, tomorrow we are going to the fair, and I intend to keep us fully dressed the entire time. 

Also, one last thing.  Last night I got irritated at Cody while he was out with his friend, and it may have resulted in me yelling at him, hanging up, and throwing my phone (not too hard, it's been through enough trauma).  This morning when I got up I found this in the kitchen.

Well played my friend.  Well played.

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

Ha! Love that Mad Housewife wine ... so funny. And Luke is such a little stinker. Where does he get his mischevious side from?