Monday, October 26, 2009

I got nothin'

I did have something nice to say tonight, I really did. I felt bad about being negative yesterday, so I was going to make up for it tonight. BUT, I'm tired and now I've forgotten everything I was going to say. Luke didn't sleep last night so Momma is pooped today. Sooooooo......... I thought I would steal this from Lucy's Life and answer a few question's. Here we go!

What are your middle names?
I'm Lindsey Ann and he's Cody Ryan. Which is why Luke is Luke Ryan.

How long have you been together?
We've been married for six years and dated 4 years before that. We've passed the decade mark!

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We grew up at the same church, so we've been friends since we were 7 years old.

Who asked who out?
Wellllllll.......here's the thing. We had a crush on each other all summer back in 1999. We were at Bennigin's with a bunch of friends having dinner, and as we were leaving I saw a girl from school in the lobby. I stopped and made small talk, and I thought he had gone on out to the car. When she asked if that cute boy was my boyfriend I *gulp* lied. I said yes. I thought he would never know! Well, he heard me. We were riding in another friend's car, me in the passenger seat and him in the back, and he leaned forward and asked me what I said to that girl. I said "oh, you know, just small talk." He said no, when she asked if I was your boyfriend. I got all wide eyed. BUSTED! With a pounding heart I stammered that I said yes, and then I asked him if it was the right thing to say. He said sure and that was that. We were boyfriend/girlfriend.

Who made the first move?
Oooops. See the novel above. If' this means kiss, then he kissed me first. In my car. When I was dropping him off at curfew about 3 months into our relationship.

How old are each of you?
26

Did you go to the same school?
High school? No. College? Yes.

Are you from the same home town?
Yes. And we've moved back, so both grandparents are here begging for face time with Luke.

Who is the smartest?
Well, since he doesn't read this, I could totally say me and get away with it. But maybe I should go ask him. Hold on.......Okay, here's how that just went down.
Me "Hey, silly question. Who's smarter? Me or you?"
Him "What?"
Me "You heard me."
Him "I don't think you can judge that."
Me "Well, do it anyway."
Him "We're smart in different ways. You're smarter in creative stuff and management stuff and other stuff."
Me "And how are you smarter?"
Him "I don't know."
Me "Are you just saying that because you think that you are smarter and you don't wanna say it to my face."
Him (laughing) "No. I guess I'm smarter in technical stuff. And other things."

I would have to say he's pretty dead on. We definitely complement each other in the area's of strengths and weaknesses. It's amazing how God works that!

Who majored in what?
I'm elementary education and he's working on computer programing.

Who is the most sensitive?
Oh lord have mercy, it's me. In fact, two days ago we were laying on the couch and I got weepy about some changes that are coming up, and he goes "You know what I really don't like? When you cry on me. I get all damp." Nice.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Probably Chili's. If you were averaging over the years. Or Macaroni Grill.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Mexico. Once in high school on a mission trip and then on our honeymoon. Well, I think the drive to Colorado might have actually taken longer, so either Colorado or Mexico. Hey! This is Texas!

Who has the worst temper?
Me me me. I know you are thinking, not sweet Lindsey! But holy moly do I flare up.

How many children do you want?
Well, before I had kids I always said I would take 1 and see how that went, and then maybe have another, and he said 3. Now I'm dying for 10 and he's content with what we've got. So, we'll see.

Who does the cooking?
Me I guess. Well, I'm supposed to. But I hate cooking. Hate it. So we eat out waaaay more than we should.

Who is more social?
I would actually say we are both pretty social. No bad time when the Carver's are around!

Who is the neat-freak?
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Who is the most stubborn?
Unfortunately we are both pretty stubborn. BUT as God continues to work on my heart I feel like I have improved in that area.

Who wakes up earlier?
It used to be me, but now that I stay home our roles have switched and he gets up first.

Where was your first date?
Not a clue.

Who has the bigger family?
He does.

Do you get flowers often?
I can't remember the last time I got flowers. I say out loud that's okay, because we don't need to spend the money. Which is true. We don't. But deep down I really would like the flowers.

How do you spend the holidays?
We do what we can to make things even, but usually work schedules dictate what we can do and where we can go.

Who is more jealous?
Me. I can only think of once where he was jealous.

Who eats more?
He does. In fact, when I buy special treats for me I hide them so I will actually get to enjoy them when I want to.

What do you do for a living?
SAHM, baby! Whoop whoop! And he does tech support for a medical company.

Who does the laundry?
I do. As much as I hate laundry, he's been banned from doing it in fear of ruining my things.

Who’s better with the computer?
Him of course! It's his job! I'm pretty tech savvy myself, but sometimes I am so thankful he has his knowledge and expertise!

Who drives when you are together?
He used to, but now that Luke's here when we go out as a family we have to take my car and he HATES driving my car. He's too tall to see out of it properly. So when it's the two of us, he always drives and we always take his truck, but as a family it's 50/50 in my car.

What is "your" song?
We don't really have one. We walked back up the isle to Shania Twain's "Forever and For always" at our wedding, but he hates country.

Whew! That took longer than I expected!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

So fun. I love that he said he doesn't like when you cry on him because he gets all damp. That is totally something mine would say.